I remember hearing my Mom say that the happiest time in her life is when all her kids were little. I am just now starting to understand what she meant. Of course it's so fun to see my kids grow. I love watching them develop their talents and personalities. I love seeing them make new friends and learn new things at school. I love getting to know them as they begin to develop their adolescent personalities. But nothing quite compares to the sacred feeling of the sheltered and blessed life we lived when they were all at home. Looking at old pictures sometimes gives me that little ache for the past. I look at these little faces and realize that these children are gone from my life now. I have older, wonderful, more mature versions of them, but the children in the pictures have disappeared. It makes me a little melancholy, but it also makes me grateful that I get to keep them forever.
These pictures were taken in 2004. We wanted to give Grandma Madsen some cute pictures to hang in her bathroom.
9 comments:
How cute! I agree, sometimes I think my life is such a challenge because my boys are so energetic and competitive with each other (already, sigh*) but then I imagine what it'll be like when they're grown and gone and it makes it a little easier to handle now. Sometimes I feel like I wish my life away. In fact, there's a country song called "You're Gonna Miss This" that reminds my mom so much of me. Thanks for the cute reminder to cherish the time we have while our little ones are still little. And now I'm going to shut up before this comment box cuts me off from typing anymore. :) Love ya!
They are very cute indeed. I feel the same way about my kids when I see old pictures of them. I truly morn because of the loss of their babyhood.
I think I'll always picture your girls this age. That's about the same time I lived with you. When I see these pictures I'm totally there again and Annie is crawling into bed with me to snuggle on Saturdays and you're letting Ellie crawl across my bed in the morning so you can take Casie and Annie to school. I still hear Casie's unmistakable little laugh echoing through the house. I don't think I've ever known a little girl that laughed so much!! I remember so well walking into Ellie's room after her nap and her just turning her head and smiling a HUGE smile that someone was there to get her out of her crib! I'm glad we always have sweet memories of them!
Very cute pics! But remember not to dwell too much on the past, look forward with happiness to the future. If you do your job here on earth right, you will be able to have millions of those moments again someday. ;) Just a thought.
so darn cute, what a cute idea. I've been missing my baby emma lately, she gets baptized next year, that is totally freaking me out
I love seeing those pics at Grandma's house!! I, too, miss those days...Ellie and I used to curl up on Grandma's couch every Sunday after dinner and have a nap...we both actually slept! Good times...on to the new adventures to come!
I signed Carson up for kindergarten lats week and about had a breakdown. I realized that my entire way of life as I have known it is going to change! But I am excited for his new adventure to start too.
I feel the same way! I mis my babies too and sometimes wish I could cuddle them like I could then! These are darling pictures of your girls! It was fun to see Jack the other day! He is getting so big and is just as stinken cute as he rest of your kids!:)
All your babies are so cute! I can see why you miss them so much.
Post a Comment