Tuesday, April 27, 2010
No more tears?
It's amazing how smart Jack is. I didn't know a 19 month old could be reasoned with. While we were reading books I asked him to please not cry when I put him in his crib. He looked at me and smiled and asked, (with his right index finger up) "Be right back?" I told him that I would. Then he smiled and stated with a slight giggle."Be right back". I put him down and held up my finger and said. "OK, sweetie, I'll be right back." He didn't make a peep. I came into check on him a few minutes later and he just smiled at me. Again I told him I would "be right back" and he let me leave again with no tears. Two minutes later he was asleep! I hope this is the end of our bedtime tears.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So sweet! He is such a cute, little guy!
Yay! What a good boy!!
thats how I got Christian to fall asleep at that age...it makes them feel safe to know that you will come back and that they are not going to be all alone for 9 hours. Even sometimes now when he is nervous he will ask me to check on him once more before I go to bed. Good luck but it sounds like its getting better.
I'm commenting even though we discussed this post face-to-face. I just wanted you to know that I care about you and your blog.
Thanks for the fun night and awesome food! Sorry to leave in such a huff. It all looked so much more dramatic than it really was. It was just a case of tired girls. Hope we didn't rain on the parade too much.
Post a Comment