Thursday, April 15, 2010

Church Bags






The girls got these adorable church bags for Easter. On Monday we decorated some notebooks to go along with them. I told the girls that the notebooks weren't for drawing in, but for writing down the inspirations they feel during church, or when they are reading their scriptures. It's been amazing to see how excited they've become about scripture reading since getting their notebooks. I love seeing Ellie write God loves me in her notebook. I loved Annie's list of how to choose the right. I love that Casie is writing down the scripture references that go along with her thoughts. And ok....I love how the books and notebooks match each other. Who says spirituality has to be bland. :-) Now I'm off to the store to buy matching dresses....just kidding.

9 comments:

Marianne said...

Cute bags!! Where did you get them? Did you make them?

Jill said...

Oh how I wish I did. :-) I got them at Harmons.

Shelley said...

What a great idea! I'll have to remember this one when my boys are old enough to write. :)

Crystal said...

Cute bags! I especially like Annie's (I have one like it). Shelley, I don't think the cute nag idea will work for your boys.... :)

Heather said...

Great idea! I'm going to have to copy this one for my kids, thanks!

Shanna said...

I really like that idea! You're such a great mom!!

Mindy said...

That is a great idea. So where is Jacks? I need some inspiration for the male line of church bags too.

Brett and Tiffany said...

Cute, cute,cute!

lissa said...

How Cute and fun! Where's Jack's?