Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Be right back

Why, when Jack has been going down PERFECTLY at night, does he now scream bloody murder? I am now in the process of trying different methods. One trick is leaving the door open. That kid does NOT like to be shut in! And last nights trick was me going in every few minutes and telling him I would "be right back". When I went back into check on him (because I told him I would) he would hold up his index finger and said, "back back". It was really sweet. He wouldn't even cry when I left because he knew I would "be right back" in a few minutes. Eventually he was a sleep when I came back to check on him. I still lament the fact that he won't reach for his crib and say "night night" like he used to, or let ANYONE but me put him down, but it seems like he is having some anxiety issues. Hopefully he will grow out of them soon.
Despite the bed time blues, we still adore this little guy. He brings us all so much joy!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Well, at least you had a good run. Bedtime is definitely a battle!

Cassie said...

His eyes are fabulous, just had to get that out there.