Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday giggles

First Giggle:

This morning, out of what seemed like nowhere, Mike announced "They might be all white and spotted, but they don't stink nearly as much as they used to."

All I could do was laugh and ask, "What in heck are you talking about!?"

He started to laugh to as he realized he was continuing a former observation in his head that we had made earlier about the dishes and how they were coming out of the dishwasher. He only vocalized that last sentence.

Taken out of context, that sentence alone was funny enough to give us our first Sunday giggle.


Second Giggle: Jack fell asleep in Mike's arms during Sacrament meeting. We decided make a space so Jack could lay on the bench. The girls and I scooted and Mike put sleeping Jack down.
For some reason it made me giggle to know that the only thing the rest of the ward could see was Mike sitting three feet away from the rest of his family. I wondered if they thought we weren't getting along so well that day.

Third Giggle:
Annie asked what college was. That queston started a whole family discussion about growing up and moving out. At one point Ellie got a worried look on her face and asked, "So, will we like have to pay for our own lunches?"
"Yes, and your own apartment, tuition, books, clothes, and bills."
"Ok.....so....wait...., how much do you think lunch will cost?"

Fourth Giggle:
Mike walking out of the bathroom says, "We need to buy more Raisin Bran"
Oh, that made me giggle.

Fifth Giggle:
On the way home from Church we were talking about crying. Annie told me that she has only seem me cry once.

"You were wiping a bugar off the wall, and said something about having a major Milk down."

(I have no recollection of this event....but hey, I was in the middle of a MILK down so I may have blocked it out) giggle giggle giggle.

7 comments:

Amber said...

Sounds like a fantastic day!! LOL!!

Sherron said...

The Raisin Bran comment cracks me up. Timing is everything!

Shelley said...

Those are good...I like giggles. :)

Jenni said...

You seriously can't make me laugh out loud when I'm reading your blog after midnight with my husband sleeping right next to me. Seriously Jill, you're going to get me in trouble! lol:)

Crystal said...

We just thought that you were all sitting so far away from Mike in church because he needs more Raisin Bran! Thanks for a great laugh!

highdeekay said...

thanks for sharing the giggles!

Ashley said...

In reference to the first giggle: Russ says stuff like that all the time! Out of nowhere he'll make a random statement and I just stare at him for a few seconds while I backtrack our conversations throughout the day trying to figure out what he is talking about. It makes for some very good laughs.