Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It begins tonight.

"Cultivate and be where the Spirit of the Lord is. Make sure that includes your own home or apartment, dictating the kind of art, music, and literature you keep there."

Jeffery R. Holland


Looks like it's Little House on the Prairie re-runs for the Beardens from here on out.



I was going to end the post there, but I wanted to publicly declare on paper that I will not be watching the show Glee anymore. Seriously, the fun music can no longer justify the smut. And I BEG anyone who let's their kids watch it to STOP!!!!

12 comments:

Layne said...

Yay! Let's be Mennonites together!

Jill said...

after googling Mennonites...I say, Yes! Let's be. :-) lol

Jenni said...

I've always wondered what the show Glee was all about. I guess I'll just stick to my wholesome(???) American Idol...

Nina said...

I know! I really enjoyed the singing, but was so disappointed how much bad stuff is on it.

Shelley said...

I'm so glad I haven't been missing out. I see and hear so many things about that show, that I thought about watching it to see what it was like. Thanks for saving me the trouble and thanks for your good example!

Mindy said...

Jill last night pushed me way too far over the edge. If you saw last nights and then made the choice it was a good one but if you made the choice before you watched last nights, consider your self physcic and blessed. I'm out too.

Heather said...

:) The Andy Griffith Show and The Cosby Show are also good choices!

Amber said...

Really that bad huh? Never watched it. You are so brave. GOOD JOB!!

Anna B. said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO impressed!!! You go girl! I kicked TV a bit ago...I've got to get over going to see ANY movies. Seriously, even some of the so-called good ones are like eating a yummy donut with just a "little" bit of dog poop smeared on it. UGH!!!!

Rekehl Johnson said...

I only watched the first couple of episodes and then stopped because parts made me uncomfortable and I remember thinking I was glad none of my kids were in the room. I love the music, but can listen to it on my CD. I thought about starting to watch it again, but now I want. Thanks for the heads up.

Crystal said...

I've never seen it, and now I know that I haven't missed anything. Thanks Jill! You're a great example!

Jenae said...

Hey, don't forget "The Bradey Bunch"! Our kids love that show. Thanks for the info on that show. I ran across it once, a long time ago and have been interested in seeing it again because of the great music. Thanks for ending my interest!