Annie says that the reason her room is ALWAYS messy is because of Ellie.
Ellie says that the reason her room is ALWAYS messy is because of Annie.
So I did what every mother in my situation would do....I pulled out a sheet and some tacks and split the room (including the bed) in half. The child with the cleanest room at the end of two weeks gets a prize!

The girls felt so grown up...you know...having their own room and all. Annie set to work immediately organizing and situating things "just so" in her room.... (those of us who know and love Annie most know that her "organizing" is her making the junk look artistic.) Ellie turned on some music and enjoyed dancing in her own little room.
They were cute trying to knock on the sheet before entering each other's areas. They made such a big deal about loving their own rooms that I started feeling bad that I couldn't actually give them a real room to themselves. My heart melted when I came in to find this that night.........
They were cute trying to knock on the sheet before entering each other's areas. They made such a big deal about loving their own rooms that I started feeling bad that I couldn't actually give them a real room to themselves. My heart melted when I came in to find this that night.........
It's not a great picture, but I loved that Annie still had her head in Ellie's "room", even though she had plenty of room in hers.
11 comments:
Seriously, seriously impressed with your mommy skills! I love the sheet dividing the bedroom idea. I may have to use it for my own, except I am not sure how bunk beds would fit in the picture.
Nice sewing skills as well.
You are one talented lady!
That is so cute! You are like wise King Solomon, instead of cutting the baby in half, you cut the room in half! :) And I love when siblings love each other...especially after having an argument.
I love that Annie was "artisticly" cleaning her room. My girls think their room is clean if they push everything to the walls and the center of the floor is clean! Gotta love them!
That is so sweet. Like cuties! You are smart to think of a solution like that. Seems like they must need each other anyway.
That is really cute. You always wish you had one more bedroom.
Oh sisters! Gotta love it! :) Great mother skills! And the BARBIES?! Awesome!!!
Isn't it funny that how much you think you want your own room, you always end up wanting to be near your sister...
Ooh..I wonder what happens next? :)
We bought a house with 4 bedrooms so they could each have their own. After a year of finding Libby in Savannah's bed, I gave up & put her bed in there and made Libby's a guest bedroom. Then I moved the guest bed into Sav's room & usually find all 3 kids in there.
I wanted a craft room, but Ty talked me into a playroom.....he thought they wouldn't mess up the hall or their rooms as much if they had a playroom (HA!!)
Great idea, Jill! I'm so trying this...
And, I still feel sad that we didn't get up to see you when we were in Utah in June. We'll be there again for Thanksgiving - I'll let you know, and we'll have to get together!
The end of the day truly says it all!!
Post a Comment