Thursday, July 30, 2009

No More Naked!

It's hard to feel the spirit in Sacrament meeting when I see the Barbies Ellie brought from home dancing on top of the hymnals...in their birthday suits. It's really not modest for Barbie to go on a date with Ken...when neither of them are wearing a lick of clothes. And no, it's definitely not ok for two naked barbies to go out proselyting together to a naked Barbie investigator. Point being....I am sick of Barbies with no clothes on lying around the house!!!




Solution????? Pull out old baby clothes. Find the ones with stains. Grab a pair of scissors and some hot glue, then...Poof! You've got beautiful and tactfully modest clothes for these naked wanderers! It was actually really fun. My girls thought I was a genius clothing designer and now they play with the barbies a lot more.

9 comments:

Shelley said...

I'm not even surprised that you did that and it turned out cute!

Shauna said...

Wow! You are amazing! They are so cute!

Sherron said...

Wow! Barbie clothes that are actually modest! That's awesome! Are the clothes permanently attached?

Layne said...

Did you sew them some little underwears, too? 'Cos that would be even more awesome.

Jill said...

I need to remind readers that I did NO sewing on this project. It's all the hot glue baby! And YES they are permanently attached! So there, I'm not as awesome as you thought I was. :-) They look much better in the pictures than they might on close inspection!!!

Alli said...

Wow! I thought those were store made! I think you are a genius clothes designer too!

Jaz said...

hot glued the clothes to the Barbies? Girl, you are just on a whole other playing field than the rest of us mothers.

I always dutifully redress them & remind my kids that when I was little my father would throw naked Barbies away.

Rachel said...

Jill, you're awesome! I absolutely love that you did this. I might have to copy you one day, but for now, we don't even have any barbies.

Betty Grace said...

haha, this reminds me of how I learned about the bird and bees-- playing naked barbies with Amy.