Saturday, July 18, 2009

Don't-a-make'a-me-repeat-it....just beet it..

I steamed some beets from our garden today for lunch. Then I cut them up, buttered them, salted and peppered them, and added a little apple cider vinager to them...irresistible right? I could NOT get Mike to try them. Here is our conversation after me practically begging him to taste just one.....

Me: Mike, I feel like you're Laman, and I am a Lehi. I am beckoning you to eat from the tree of life, and you won't!

Mike: Well, I feel like Adam and you're Eve trying to tempt me to eat the fruit.

Me: (ok now..here comes witt I'll be telling my grandchildren about..) Yes, but remember...Adam fell that men might beet....

Then we both laugh, but Mike still won't eat the beet.


Beet eating ranks...
#1 Jack Bearden. He ate beets for 20 min straight. They were tiny little squares, but he never tired of them....purple poop, here we come!
#2 Casie Bearden. She ate two full bowls and loved every morsel!
#3 Annie Bearden. She quietly gunked down the beets she was given, but did not return for seconds.
#4 Ellie Bearden. She took one bite then silently slipped into the bathroom and spit it in the toilet.
#5 Mike Bearden who wandered into strange and mysterious paths and eventually ended up in a great and spacious building and pointed and laughed at me as I feasted on beets.
#6 Stuck my purple tounge out at Mike and added 5 years to my life because of righteous eating.

10 comments:

lissa said...

I'm sorry, but I am joining Mike in the great and spacious building when it comes to eating beets!

Layne said...

I made myself eat beets this summer, and I kept on eating them until I liked them, or at least didn't gag when I took a bite. Tons of butter is the way to go.

Layne said...

Also, men are that they might have poi.

Rekehl Johnson said...

Pickled Beets, that's the way to go - yum!

- Rekehl

Jaz said...

Great & Spacious building...here I come. I think beets smell like dirt, so they probably taste just like dirt.

Rachel said...

Your beets sound amazing to me! I LOVE them. I'll come eat them with you next time.

Mom said...

Just want you to know that when I started reading your story, Allen said exactly what Mike said....before I read his response! It must be a man thing... :-)

Marianne said...

Good for you! I love beets. They rock, and sounds like you made them perfectly. Yum!

jana said...

". . . and men are that they might have more." *Imagine two tiny finger legs clicking their heals at the idea of eating more beets.*

Hilarious my friend!

Rachel said...

Thanks for the laugh! I'm with you, I love beets!