Thursday, May 14, 2009

Humility


Ellie: (singing while Mom is doing her hair) "I'm SO cute...I'm SO SO cute"


Mom: (knowing she probably created this monster tries to take advantage of a teaching moment)..."Sweetie, It's ok to think you are cute, but that shouldn't be all that you think and talk about. It's more important to be sweet and treat others kindly."


Ellie: (after a moment of contemplation)..."Don't worry Mom, at school, I talk about friendship...not just my beautifulness".

11 comments:

Layne said...

Teach her the "I am so smart, S-M-R-T!" song.

Shafferprincess said...

That gave me a good laugh! Thanks!

Mindy said...

thats funny

Shelley said...

You have your hands full with that girl!

Emily West said...

So funny! To her credit, she is very beautiful! :)

Linda Barton said...

That's awesome! Pretty will take her far.

Heather said...

Love it!

Jenni said...

Sorry, but I think a girl as cute as Ellie deserves to express the fact that she knows it! (At her age, anyway.) She is one beautiful girl and I think she will be admired by many when she gets older and outgrows her need to be a beauty queen (even though she'll always be SO SO cute...)

Rachel said...

That was cute!

Natalie said...

Holy Cow! She is going to give you a run for your money when she gets a little older.

Kamey Jean Hope said...

That is so cute it sounds so familiar... Katelynn is very proud of her self it is very cute at times. I try to do the same thing to. By teaching her exactly that that. We can be pretty on the out side but what really counts is to be beautiful on the inside to.