Sunday, May 18, 2008

WW III

We had quite the weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth here tonight. Apparently the girls didn't take Mike seriously when he told them to do a minuscule clean up job this evening. (we are talking 10 toys and a few blankets) He said he would check in 5 minutes and if it wasn't done, they would be sent to bed. After a good 7 min, he went down to find them all goofing off and playing. Off to bed they went! Seriously...you would have thought he chopped off their right arm! Talk about dramatic!!! I wish someone would send me to bed early once in a while!! I still feel guilty and will probably get up early and make a yummy breakfast to make up for all the tears....oh, and the best part is, that Grandma was here to wittness the meltdown!

PS wouldn't it have been horrible if I posted photos of this whole event! lol

16 comments:

Shelley said...

I hate battling with the kids...but the good news is they probably will be better about doing what they are told to do next time around. Good for Mike to sticking to what he said! That is one of the hardest things to do as a parent I think.

Jillo said...

Oh Jill, I feel your pain. We had a similar fun time when Kent told Kade he needed help with the swamp cooler. There was A LOT of screaming and yelling about this IN THE FRONT YARD! We are talking 20 minutes of drama from Kade and my neighbors were there to witness all the fun. I am waiting for DCFS to come and pay us a visit. But in the end, he did help and he has been and ANGEL all weekend.
Isn't parenting the best?

Layne said...

I hate when my kids pull stuff like that in front of my parents. I feel like an even worse parent than usual.

Heidi P said...

Ohhh... being dramatic for Grandma and Grandpa! Isn't that the best!? Way to stick to your guns, Mike. Good luck with them tomorrow :)

Mom M. said...

It's hard to see my grandchildren when they are sad. I remember days past when "daddy" Mike wasn't always as obedient as he should have been....the only difference was he was probably
"grounded" for life. I admire you, Mike, and there was never a loud, harsh word said. They knew they were guilty..but remember tell them you LOVE them.

Andrew Hahn said...

I was filming my youngest hum various and sundry tunes last night (super cute...) when my son comes down stairs bawling his head off about something my oldest had done.

Here's how it went down:
(CRY, CRY, CRY... notices that I'm filming him... laughs... stops crying...)

So that camera idea isn't all bad...

Jimi said...

I was hoping for some gruesome pictures-come on! We have moments like that everyday, and yet my kids seem to never learn-maybe someday. But ya just can't give in. BTW shouldn't your title be WW II (as in world war II, not WWW II as in world wide web III) :)

Kyle M Case said...

Maybe you should review a little video called "Chuck, Chuck You Rock" with the kids. I'm sure if there was a daily dose of that they would remember that Mike means business when he gives an order.

I'm just sayin'...

Jill said...

You are right Jimi...I should send all my blogs to you for editing! I must have still been a bit frazzled! lol

Anna B. said...

Kyle...I totally agree. After all, Chuck doesn't leave messages...he leaves warnings!

BTW Jill, we had a party at the house on Saturday and I don't know how it happened but we gathered around the computer for funny video clips I have and Chuck Chuck You Rock was among them. The men were laughing hysterically. Thanks for the entertainment Mike!

Jill said...

Kyle, I want it to get to the point that if I even bring the mullet out, the kids tremble in fear! We'll get there.....

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mindy said...

thats sad but also good that you can blog about it...sometimes kids are poop heads...Did you and Mike sing "were not gonna take it" before you sent them to bed? It is hard to see your kids cry even when they are learing important lessons. you did the right thing though.

Emily West said...

I guess you kinda have to expect that with 3 girls right? I'm sure Mike's happy there's a boy on the way!

Anna B. said...

Ummm....I am waiting for the photo of THE shirt. Waiting.....(insert Jeopardy song here)

Rachel said...

I can't believe you didn't take pictures LOL I wish they came with a manual :)