Saturday, May 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Ellie!

Yesterday we celebrated Ellie's birthday. I have never seen a child so excited about her special day! She told everyone she saw that she was FIVE! I truly adore this little girl. I am glad she had a fun day.

Here is our little princess when she was two. Time really does seem to fly! :-(

Here is her simple, but elegant birthday cake...lol She LOVED it!
We have a tradition in our house when it comes to birthdays. We send the birthday girl to bed, and the rest of us stay up and make the preparations...(it doesn't sound too fun for the birthday girl, but they always seem excited to retire to their rooms while we work!) This particular night was an extra late night, because we didn't get home from play practice until 9:45. Annie put Ellie to bed by tickling her back, singing her seven songs, and snuggling her while Casie and I baked the cake. Then Annie joined us for wrapping, decorating and displaying.
The morning was spent opening presents and making Ellie her favorite breakfast. Annie was just as excited about the festivities as Ellie was. She jumped up and down each time a new gift was presented to the birthday girl. We tried to extend the fun by putting a lit candle on everything we gave Ellie to eat...eg..scrambled eggs, muffin and second muffin. We sang happy birthday every time we brought her something new...it was fun. We joked that it would be funny to continue it all day,....like if she needed toilet paper in the bathroom or something...lol


Ellie's choice for lunch was the Elementary school cafeteria. She wanted to celebrate with her sisters! Nothing says Happy Birthday like "Beefy cheesy nachos."


After school we headed off to Jungle Jim's. I made the mistake of telling Ellie we could stay as long as she wanted.....Four and a half hours later, she was still RUNNING from ride to ride like it was the first one! We had a great time! Happy Birthday Ellie! We love you!!!

12 comments:

Shelley said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! No wonder mom fell asleep on the couch after all of that! :)

Anna B. said...

Happy Birthday sweet Ellie!!! Sounds like you had one terrific day!

Emily West said...

You're such a good mom. That brought back so many memories of birthdays at our house growing up! Mom always had such a knack for making all 10 of us feel like the most important one! It obviously rubbed off on you. I loved that Annie tickled Ellie's back and sang her songs and was so excited for Ellie to open presents! That reminds me of turning 6 and Julie bought me a Barbie with her own money that she had saved up. It was the talk of the family that Julie had saved her allowance to buy me such a great gift! Birthdays are the best! Beautiful cake too!

Stephanie F. said...

Glad Ellie had a great birthday! Your girls are SO sweet to each other :)

Betty Grace said...

Look at those cutie girls. happy birthday to Ellie. Sounds like a fun day with her as the princess

Mindy said...

Im glad you made it such a great day..I LOVE birthdays...even the week leading up and the few days after..We do it big too. I have never heard of jungle gyms..it sounds fun.

Anonymous said...

Happy happy birthday Ellie dear. Happy days will come to you all year. If I had a wish that it would be.......A happy happy birthday to you from.....me.

Your girls are so freaking cute. Just want to give them all belly raspberries.

Loves and kisses,
J.

Heidi P said...

Hope Ellie had a great day! Looks like fun! My daughter Maya saw her cake and is now crying for an "Aurora" princess cake :)
Girls and their princessess...
I love your tradition.

Melanie said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time. My kids love Jungle Jim's. It was so good to see you on Saturday.

Keri Kemp said...

wow she got a fun day!!! im glad you all had fun!!! that sounded fun! :)

Jimi said...

You're a great mom! I can't believe how cute your girls are. I am so jealous that you got to have cafeteria food, that's the best part! :)

Meladie said...

This is Meladie...Chad Winters wife. I've been meaning to comment back to you and thank you for the cute comment you made on our blog. It was the Richfield comp. that was our first date! Funny that you remembered his comment, but I'm glad you did...it put a smile on my face to here it =) Thanks again!