Sunday, May 11, 2008

Bad Mom

So all my friends and relatives are writing inspirational and touching entries on this mothers day. All that is running through my head right now is something I said to my daughter today.....We (me,Mike, Dave, and Grandma) were all SCREAMING while watching the Jazz game this afternoon...(it was a great game!) Casie came in and chastised us for being so wild on the Sabbath. I looked at her and said, " Sweetie, if you would like to be righteous, run along upstairs...we are watching the game."

Aren't I the epitome of a wonderful Mother!? I hope they don't ask her to speak next Mothers Day!

I will say that I had a great day. Casie was really sweet to make sure I was very pampered this morning. She MADE me go back to bed so they could bring me some blue berry muffins in bed. I love seeing the proud looks on my kids faces as I open the gifts they made for me at school. I loved every card, every picture, and every gesture that was offered to me today. I love being a Mom and I love my family SO much.

Mike gave me a Kitchen Aid! I am hoping to make my family many wonderful treats in it! If it turns out that I don't make wonderful treats, it still looks really cool on my counter. It's black and silver!

15 comments:

Shelley said...

I love it...as I was walking into my family's house for dinner tonight they were all screaming at the TV and my dad says to everyone, "Quiet...you're going to scare the grandchildren!" I had to laugh.

Yay for a KitchenAid! Those things are great. It just took me awhile to get used to USING it. I always would do things the "hard" way and then would have a "duh" moment and realize I could easily mix it up in the mixer instead! I will be expecting something yummy this way soon! :)

Heidi P said...

Every Sunday is the same around here, wake up, play and wrestle with the kids our bed, then somehow ends up in me yelling at everyone to hurry so we aren't late for church, then me crying the whole way there because I feel so bad... :)
Your not a bad mom, at least your yelling at the TV!

Parker Hyde said...

that sounds like you had a good mothers day!

Anna B. said...

I think yelling at Jazz games is under the list of acceptable activities for the Sabbath! :-)
KitchenAid's are the best! SOunds like you had a great weekend. We will see you soon we hope!

Anonymous said...

Go Jazz!! Don't worry, Rich was yelling at the TV and Luke joined him. Sounds like a great day - kitchen-aids are fab-U-lous!!

MElissa

Betty Grace said...

Link to my friend Jenny's blog from my blog and read the poem she posted for Mother's Day. It's funny- about homemade gifts from kids.

Mom M. said...

....and I thought telling Ellie to "shut up" in church was bad..

Palomita said...

Hee, hee! Thanks for the laugh, Jill!

And yay for Kitchenaids. I got memory and hard drive for my computer, so I can take lots and lots more pictures!

Robyn said...

Go Jazz! I love my Kitched Aid-Ian loves getting to turn it on and off and licking the beater.

Congrats on the Sound of Music auditions. We want to come see it, it is Dave's favorite musical/movie of all time.

Yea, for baby boy Bearden! (I haven't been blogging for awhile so these comments are to catch me up)

highdeekay said...

You'll love the Kitchen Aid. Casie will likely forget the whole thing and if she doesn't, you can sell your Kitchen Aid to help pay for her therapy. :)

(I have a friend who says they don't have a college fund for their kids, they have a therapy fund... LOL)

Mom M. said...

Jill...I'm really kidding about the "shut up" I really get a laugh out of the girls and your responses...what's life without a sense of humor! :-)

Jimi said...

I love it!!! I wish I had a daughter, they seem to be a little more insightful and thoughtful into the whole making mother's day/birthdays a little more special! But I do love my boys!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated mother's day!! OOOh, kithenAid! Happy baking! I hope you had a wonderful day.

H&K,
j.

Mindy said...

Jill,
I know you are up right now cause the Jazz just lost. I am sure there is a small cloud of depression hanging over your house right now...they probably lost because you were too rowdy on sunday. As for me thats the first Jazz game I have seen in 8 years...I didnt even know they were not purple anymore!
Your Kitchen Aid looks so sleek on your counter for sure!

Anna B. said...

Did Mike get his little package ;)
So mad the Jazz lost.