Saturday, May 17, 2008

Family fun in the warm weather

We had such an amazing family activity last night. I say amazing because we spent two glorious hours bike riding together...outside...which means it was warm!

I love family outings that take little or no planning. Sometimes it seems when we plan and plan, the expectations are so high that the activity isn't as fun. Yesterday we loaded up the bikes and headed to the parkway. Within minutes we were all riding enjoying nature! On our route we found a very fuzzy Caterpillar, three curious deer, some "wild" horses (in a fenced meadow) and three Beaver in the river! It was one of those perfect nights that reminded me of Gods unceasing love for me. I have found that finding fun family activities can be very addicting. Each time we participate in something we all enjoy, I find our love for each other grows so much! I am so grateful for my sweet family.

We ended the evening by letting each of the kids ask Mike a question about the gospel. Here is what each of them asked......
Casie: "Ok,...describe to me EXACTLY what the gospel is."

Annie: "Umm...how does your spirit leave your body when it dies?....ya, all that kind of stuff."

Ellie: "How did they make rocks?"

I think we might have a new bed time tradition!!! I enjoyed turning all the time over to Daddy. :-)

These photos were taken on a side equestrian trail just off the paved path. We took them a week earlier on a Sunday walk. I didn't bring my camera last night...maybe a little planning is ok. :-)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It sounds like you all had a Great day! Hooray for warm weather...(not hot, just warm).

Aunt Melissa

Shelley said...

I love that picture of your girlies in the meadow...it reminds me of the Twilight meadow. I'm glad you didn't run into any vampires or werewolves on your outing. He he! :)

Emily West said...

What a fun activity! Those pics are beautiful! It makes me miss Utah! I want to live next door to you. Are there any houses for sale? :)

Emily West said...

What a fun activity! Those pics are beautiful! It makes me miss Utah! I want to live next door to you. Are there any houses for sale? :)

Heidi P said...

FUN!! I want bikes & to copy you! That sounds awesome!

Anonymous said...

that looks way fun! im glad it is finally warming up down there! what were mikes answeres i wonder!? those sounded hard i bet he loved it!

Betty Grace said...

You're kiddos are so cute, looks and personality. Cute that you all have so much fun together.

Jimi said...

I love spending time with my kids outside too. Your pics reminded me of playing in my field when I was little, I miss those days.

Anonymous said...

I have some questions for Mike: Who is God's mommy? When was he born? How do you know if you’re a democrat or republican if you don't have your patriarchal blessing yet?

Why is the sky blue and how did they get the cream inside the Twinkie? Okay, those aren't Gospel related.

You have such a cute family.
Oooh, Jeffery bear hugs all 'round.

J.

PS: Saw video. Commented on my page. Why? Don't know.