Sunday, March 28, 2010

Why I love Sunday's


#1 We get to go to Church. Even though it takes some doin' to get everyone there, I always feel the Spirit and enjoy being with my ward.


#2 Ward Choir practice. I love to lead the choir! I didn't think I would enjoy this calling, but it has turned out to be one of my all time fav callings. I love choosing the music. I love hearing it come together and the members of the choir are so much fun to be around. It's like a little party every Sunday. :-)


#3 Sunday naps! I love 11:00 church for many reasons, but the best part is the window it provides for a nice long nap. We come home, we do choir practice, we put Jack down, turn on home videos for the girls, and Mike and I check out for about 2 hours. It is bliss.


#4 Family Game night. This is something we started a couple of months ago and it has turned out to be the best part of the week. I love Sunday game night partly because there's none of the pressure that comes from Monday night FHE..(Sit down, stay still, shut up and feel the Spirit!") Just good ol' family games. It's great. Tonight we played Scattagories, and a "fill in the blank" type game Casie learned at school. When the Bearden family plays a game like that you can be certain that poo will be talked about and laughed about in great proportions. And it was. (such potty mouths I'm raising!...and married to,...and am.) Tonight we also got a good laugh during Scattagories because Ellie thought Pickles would be a good name for a dog. We all found that to be hilarious. Mike even toyed with the idea of lifting his ban on pets, just so we could name one Pickles.


#5 Knowing that the next day is Monday. I know that Monday has a bad rap, but I love the beginning of a new week. It's my chance to do a little better than I did the week before. For some reason I get more done on Monday than I do on any other day of the week. Maybe if we had a Sunday every other day, the rest of the week would be just a productive. :-)



8 comments:

Shelley said...

That sounds like a great Sunday! I can't wait until it is JUST a bit warmer so we can start our Sunday afternoon walks again. That is my favorite tradition. And I am the same about Mondays - I take the day off Sunday and so I have lots of energy to clean and do laundry Monday.

Layne said...

I have an idea for a pet for you guys, if you do lift that ban. I promise they're really cute and furry.

I think about the home videos of you guys that I've seen, and it inspires me to do better. You guys have the best home movies I've ever seen.

Jenni said...

I guess, without even realizing it, I feel the same about starting a new week. I always get my cleaning and laundry done on Monday's. I would love to be a fly on the wall for a week at the Bearden home and just see what kinds of funny things go on there! I think you guys have more fun than the average family. :) I love Sunday naps too, of course, I love a nap any day of the week/ ;o)

Cassie said...

That truly is a blissful Sunday.

Brett and Tiffany said...

That was a great post! Sundays really are the bEST! YOu are a great mom to have a great tradition for sundays. Your kids will always remember them!

lissa said...

Can I come to your house? Our Sundays are full of hurry hurry hurry and...loud snoring - I don't get a nap.

Mindy said...

I think another great thing about church at 11 is besides from having time for a great nap, on Saturday nights I am not scrambeling to get everyone to bed early for 9am church. You can stay up later and PAR-TEE.

Mindy said...

oh yeah and Jill I stole the picture of the sun from your blog to use on mine. I cant figure out how to search for things like that. I know it's called clip art but thats where my knowledge stops...or maybe I'm just too lazy. Anyways, thanks for the pic.