Tuesday, January 27, 2009

misunderstood

Annie was singing a song from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolored Dream coat the other day. It was the Jamaican type song about Benjamin. One line goes like this..." No ifs..No Buts, Benjamin is honest as coconuts". Annie was walking around singing her misunderstood version that went like this...."No Hips...No Butts..." I laughed really hard. Annie growled at me and swatted the air. (she doesn't love to mess up on things, and REALLY doesn't like to be laughed at....she ended up laughing too. ) hee hee

10 comments:

Shelley said...

It would have been even funnier if she had said "No hips, no butts, no "coconuts." He he... At least her MOM caught her on that one and she didn't grow up thinking it said that. I can just imagine a karaoke night in college where she busted that out! :)

Shauna said...

I wish I had no hips or butt! Very cute!

Crystal said...

I also wish I had no hips, no butts. Tell Annie to enjoy singing it like that while she has no hips or butt. That is one of the cutest things I've heard (or read).

Marianne said...

She's a cutie. I think its awesome! BTW- Jill you need a picture to go with your comments ('cause you're a hottie!)

Jenni said...

How cute is that? I don't know if I would have corrected that if she were my daughter. It's so cute when kids do things like that (in innocence).

Mindy said...

I was just listening to that song 5 mins ago. Very good visual on her reaction. I have seen that a time or two. I am glad she could see the humor in what she sang.
How is Jack? It really makes the rest of the world stop and take a back seat when you have sick kids. Some of the most ferverant prayers I have ever said have been in the rocking chair at 3 am holding a sick child.

Shafferprincess said...

That's too cute!

Jenae said...

Love it! It is so funny to hear how kids think some songs go. I'm glad she was able to laugh about it with you later! I also liked the matchy Sunday clothes! I love having our family match at church, especially when it is unintentional!:)

Jenae said...

Love it! It is so funny to hear how kids think some songs go. I'm glad she was able to laugh about it with you later! I also liked the matchy Sunday clothes! I love having our family match at church, especially when it is unintentional!:)

Anonymous said...

Kids keep us laughing all the time, don't they. Way to go Annie!

Mom