Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Celebrate good times!

If I didn't know it would scare away all my readers and friends, I would post a picture of me (six months pregnant) in mid-air, doing a heel click!.....why would I do such an act of joy you ask?....well, because SCHOOL IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh the pain of waking my under slept children in the morning! The swatting and whining and kicking and pouting....and all the things the kids did too! lol With play practice running until 10 or 11 every night, my kids have been zombies lately...Little disobedient, emotional, grouchy,over tired zombies! I should have recorded one of our infamous mornings and posted it. I will tell you it wasn't pretty. Mike and I made a VALIANT effort to be cheerful and bright. I even devised plans of pancakes, bacon, eggs, and french toast (on different mornings) to lure them out of bed, but somehow, we never had a smooth morning....BUT....now that school is out, they can sleep in as late as their little bladders will allow!! We still have another 2 weeks of late nights, but I think we will be more rested now!

To prove my point...or to prove that I am a mean Mom, I will say that it's 2:30 pm on the last day of school and my kids are ALL asleep! We had such a late night last night, and another tonight, so I insisted that they take a nap. When they wake up I told them I would take them swimming to celebrate their freedom....wait...that means I will have to get in a swimming suit...maybe they will settle for the splash park!

On a different note...and pardon me as I hoist my large body onto this soap box....but I have to share a life altering change Mike and I have made! Believe it or not, we have decided to stop eating sugar! It's been a week and 1/2 and Mike has already lost 7 pounds! I feel better than I have in a long time! We are both amazed at how much sugar we are presented with on a daily basis! It's EVERYWHERE! We aren't going too extreme. We still eat foods that contain a little sugar, but we stay away from things that are inherently sweet, like desserts and candy. It hasn't been easy for this sugaroholic, but I really feel good about the decision. Obviously, I haven't noticed any weight loss...that's not my goal, but I have only gained 5 pounds so far, and I feel great. Considering I gained between 25-40 with my other pregnancies I feel like I am on a good track......( I am not going to mention how I almost chased down,tackled, and stole an ice cream cone from a lady in the mall.)

15 comments:

Stacy Holmes said...

Jill- you are starting to sound like my grandma. She is always trying to get me to come over to the non-sugar side. She sends me articles from the newspaper, and even buys me books. Everytime she does this, I stop and eat some candy. Thanks for the reminder! It has been over an hour since I had some candy, so I will go eat some more and think of you! (the title of the last book she sent is called "Sugar Busters" if you are intersted

Shelley said...

Aren't most moms dreading when school's out? ;) No, I am sure it will be nice to able to have some freedom in your schedule while life is still hectic. And how long have you made this sugar-free pact? Indefinitely? That would kill me...

Jillo said...

I am most proud of you no-sugar quest! Your teeth will surly thank you. I am a total sugar-a-holic. Maybe you can be my inspiration and mentor.

Heather said...

I agree with the school being out thing! I'm so glad it's over! Allison can finally get her room clean (maybe) and I am done driving them to school! Between that and your family giving Allison a lift every night- I feel so spoiled!!

Melissa said...

yeah, I tried that no sugar thing and I even lost quite a bit of weight doing so, but darn it, I crashed and burned, that was a tough one. I wish you the best. You are a stronger woman than I am.

Jill said...

We aren't going to do the no sugar forever...or will we? I mainly did it because I KNEW I had to be breaking the word of wisdom with all the sugar I was horking down! I always thought people who did this were coo-coo..but it feels good!

Jimi said...

Are your kids in year round school? Cause I'm already ready for Hayden to be back in school! As far as the no sugar thing, we did a weight loss challenge last year (which I totally kicked butt) and I was basically on 1200 (healthy) calories a day, it was amazing the way I felt. I keep trying to convince myself to do it again, but I sure like my good food. Good luck!

Mindy said...

I am proud of you for being sugar free!Do you put it in or on anything? I could maybe avoid desserts and candy but I could not live without sugar on my grapenuts!
So I am coming to stay with you on the 4th...should I bring my own sugar? Just kidding...I am sure your kids still eat and need it from time to time. When I get back from the 4th I am starting tae-bo and body for life again...thats the only way I ever lost weight.
I love the non scheduled mornings of summer too! See ya soon!
I love that you got a pedicure...did they massage your calves and feet? To me thats the best part of all.

Natalie said...

Well you can just chuck those brownies Rachel and I left on your door step. :). Travis and I have been doing the same thing for the past month. It is amazing how many people are trying to kill you. Sorry about the temptation.

Anonymous said...

Seven pounds in a week and a half!!!???!!! Was Mike eating anything but sugar? I've been really good about working out, butI really should change the diet too.....one thing at a time right? Ice cream, cookies and cake are SOOOO good.....Dang it, as I type this I remembered there's cookies in the next room.....oh no!!! Okay, just one cookie......or two.

Dagnabbit Jill come have a cookie with me!

Hope you guys have a great Fourth.

Hugs n' kisses,
J.

Kyle and Jessica said...

I'm also addicted to sugar...love it, love it, love it!! I try so hard not to eat it, but I usually sneak it in every day (a handful of chocolate chips at least!). A couple things that help me are Stevia & Agave Nectar...yummy:) They taste super sugary & are actually good for you! Good luck:)

Betty Grace said...

good job Jill. That is quite an accomplishment! And I love the cute new look of your blog! It was fun to see you yesterday!

Keri Kemp said...

im glad you changed your background! its cute!
c ya later

Mindy said...

Jill,
Kyle is doing everything in his power to get some work appointments set up in Salt Lake during your play so we can have an excuse to come back up....I will keep you posted...maybe we can hit Lagoon too...a double feature of fun. I wish I would have taken Casie with me from moms on suday...Chrisitan and her play well too and he is so bored now...especially since he got grounded from tv for being such a poopey pants during our "name that sunday song tune" game on the way home from moms.

Stacy Holmes said...

Saw your 100 list- you are so funny. I think you should be a commentator at church. you could sit in the hall and comment on all the funny things that happen in church hallways!
On the mission, i gave up chocolate so an investigator would give up smoking. It was hard, I now have to make up for lost time!
Good luck with the play!