It's become a little tradition that when a new baby is born into the family, my amazingly talented sister-in-law Anna, comes and helps decorate a nursery. Along with the amazingly talented Anna, comes a dedicated, hard working and able bodied husband, Brian. Together with Rich and Melissa as work horses/comical entertainment, and Grandma to feed and nourish our bodies, we were able to paint a nursery for Jack yesterday! It was so fun to watch it come together so quickly! I am so grateful to my awesome family for their sacrifice to come and do this for me! I love you guys! I will post more pictures when the room has been sufficiently decorated and "babied up", but here is the base for my adorable nursery! 



Almost done! The top color is actually a dark brown...it looks a little black in this photo...ok, so it looks a little black in real life too, but I really like it. I plan on decorating in different brown plaids, sepia photos, and "old looking" toys. Isn't this a "boyish" room!? I am really happy with it.
7 comments:
Okay, I love this!!!! Will you come do Lucy's room when she finally gets one.
I really think it looks so cute and the brown isn't too dark...I am sure you will have it looking like Pottery Barn in no time! :)
i sat and watched as you typed every word of this blog...oh good times. and the room is way cute...its a beautiful dark brown.
super cute and so creative! I want an Anna in my family. :)
Very cute! But think of all the character building he's missing out on not having to use his sisters' hand-me-downs--maybe throw a couple of Barbies and an Easy Bake Oven in there just for good measure.
I love sepia photos!
That is an amazing room. I'm glad you can have a nursery again, and not have to share it with some other sibling. Check out Interior Impressions on 90th and 40th West. They are going out of business and they have those antique cars and airplanes that are really cool.
I have an old radio we picked up during our garage sale days you can have! Kevin didn't approve since the day I brought it home- but maybe it isn't really baby appropriate. But I can tell Kevin I tried to get rid of it!
I love the room!!! Easton's room is dark brown on the top also, and I love it!! I see you decided on a name, love it, of course LOL
Take care!
Post a Comment