
The top high light of any holiday for Casie is the presence of her cousins! It is so fun and satisfying to see these three become close. They were inseparable this weekend. They laughed, stayed up late, played the computer, and devoured a whole bag of Marshmallow Maties!

On to the Hintze family BBQ! Every 4th we gather at my Uncle Richards house for a family reunion. We do the same things every year and we love it! It starts out with YUMMY food..."we got burgers, .....we got dogs....we got chicken..." This is photo only represents a FEW of the yummy desserts that were present at the feast...WHY DID I CHOOSE THIS YEAR TO QUIT SUGAR! Can you believe the temptation!? Because I knew the baby wanted it, I did end up eating a piece of key lime pie...and lemon cake....and two bites of Mindy's chocolate cake. :-) Mike the goodie goodie had nothing!...(oh and he has now lost 13 pounds...I am proud of him)
After eating we all play volley ball, slip and slide and all the kids run around like wild children...it's so fun!
Here's Julie..(who has a weakness for all things pertaining to water) doing a beautiful, toe pointed, Super man, slip and slide dive. Notice her beauty and grace. :-)
Here's my sweet little Annie. She was actually COLD in this photo! Who's cold on the fourth of July? :-)
Introducing my skinny sexy hubby! I think in this photo he is giving me a smug look because he knew I was about to break our sugar fast....and he was NOT. I really do respect his will power though. He's such a babe!
My cute, cute niece!
After the BBQ we went home for some much needed rest! We had a nice siesta, then were up and ready for some fireworks! Mike and I decided to just do some good ol' Harmons Grocery Store fireworks instead of attending an actual show. Most of that decision was based on the fact that we had been up till mid-night the whole week for play practice, and had an early morning rehearsal the next day. The kids loved the fireworks, and we loved that they were in bed early....ok these days 11:00 is early!
This is where "Brandon the Brave" spent the night of the Fourth. For every ounce we enjoy fireworks,...Brandon despises them! He found the darkest corner of the house and cowered there all night. :-)
The next day Mike and the kids were off to rehearsals, and I was off to another wonderful Sister Saturday! We had a fun time learning first aide and CPR. This is a photo of Sarah doing a "breath check". We also had a "tea party"( I was too busy eating to snap a photo). Then we did pedicures and manicures. It was great! Thanks Cait!The NEXT day....we to got to drive to Richfield to see Heston blessed. It was so wonderful. Stephen and Kenzie are such cute parents! Heston is absolutely adorable! We had a yummy lunch in my Mom's back yard while once again...the kids ran wild with their cousins. I love being with family!


Stephen was trying to get Heston to smile in this photo. I think it's an adorable photo of father and son!
Here we are after enjoying a wonderful lunch! We look so content and refreshed.........
or not.... Needless to say, we were all very tired at the end of this fun packed weekend!
11 comments:
That was a cute post! Those desserts were so soo yummy! You are giving up sugar?!? Wow, you are tough. Glad you let the baby have some though, I am sure he (?) needed it. ;)
Fun to see you and your cute family!
thanks for the wonderful weeek end!!! i liked it a ton!! im glad you too had fun!lol :)
have a good week!
Gasp!! You changed your bog without me??!! ;) J/K... I miss you! I can't wait until your life slows down a little so I will see you again! But it looks like you are having a good, (and exhausting), time. I am going to come see you guys in action on Saturday, so save me 2 tickets! :)
yeah thanks jill i had soo much fun spending time whith you and casie and your family!!! im coming down to salt lake tomarrow!!! thanks again jill
Its "up" to Salt Lake Kinley..I try and try...its one of my little pet peeves when people say up instead of down or vice versa in driving. So that is definatley one of the cutest blogs on the block. Plus you did a good job narrating the week end. I was too excited and just blurted out the first things that came to mind. I am also embarrased to see my right behind the desserts...I was first in line you know. Now I am out the door for the first of three nights in a row of sound of music. See ya tomorrow.
Sounds like your weekend was absolutely fabulous! I bet you're ready for a weekend of absolutely nothing!!
Don't you wish everyday was a holiday? Well maybe not, they kind of wear you out! Looks like fun...
Your comments on my blog always make me laugh! We are looking forward to seeing the show on Sat!!
Family is so fun! Looks like you had a blast! I LOVE the new look, you gotta show me how to do it!!!
Hope your having a great day!
Those Desserts look so yummy! I have convinced Ryan to stop eating sugar too. He has gone one day! Yea!
Did you quote my dad??? haha! "we got dogs" :)
I love the 4th of July!
Post a Comment