Sunday, October 10, 2010

"Moreover, when ye fast be not as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance, for they disfigure their faces that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, they have their reward". 3 Nephi 13:16

OK, this morning, my kids were beyond disfiguring their faces when I reminded them of our decision to fast for Mike. There was much weeping and whaling and gnashing of teeth, but... we made it! I was so proud of all of them for their willingness to sacrifice their comfort for someone they love. Ellie's words at the end of the day were: "This better work, or it SO won't be worth it!" I hope we as a family can all gain a stronger testimony of fasting. It is definitely something we need to work on. I hope this Sunday will mark the first of many Fast Sundays we spend fasting together as a family.

4 comments:

lissa said...

That's a great way to work together as a family...I hope Mike gets healing more quickly.

Marianne said...

Great job! It's SO hard to get your kids to fast. We're hoping that Mike continues to heal and recover.

Linda Barton said...

Last time I fasted, I fainted.(I'm sure you don't remember...why would you...it wasn't like I was in front of everyone in sacrament meeting or anything) Now, I fast in my heart....much better.Is Mike doing better?

Jimi said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling with this one! Poor Hayden, some days I think he just might die from fasting! The bad thing is my husband is diabetic so he can't fast, and I don't have Rylan fast yet, so it's just me and Hayden. It's just not fair that everyone else can eat!