Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fun with Casie

Casie and I have taken up a new hobby together: The card game, PHASE 10. On Thursday nights (because school starts late on Fridays) and weekends we can be found at the kitchen table trash talking and teasing each other over who will phase next. We tend to get a little goofy as well. We've said things like; " I am honored to offer you this lovely 7". Then the other will answer by saying, "I am exceedingly grateful to not pick up the 7 you just offered me." It's really fun to have a child old enough to play games that I enjoy too. One thing that has made me laugh is realizing how superstitious Casie is!

She is convinced she plays better if she:

#1 Is wearing her Divine Nature ring.
#2 Taps her fingers on the table while I am dealing
#3 Doesn't touch her cards before they are completely dealt
#4 Is the FIRST to touch her cards after they are completely dealt

We invited Mike to play with us once, but he totally whipped us both. He is no longer welcome at our game table.

Casie is dealing the cards as I write.....wish me luck!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. I can't wait until we are out of the Candy Land stage. Even Connect 4 or Uno would be more exciting!

lissa said...

Honestly, I 'm a little envious. I'm ready for someone in this house to be of age to play a fun game...I love card games, too.