This post title would be more dramatic if I had posted about the last three times we had visited the ER in the last two months. First Mike's knee, second Mike's complications with meds, third Mike's blood clots, and today I took a fourth visit to the ER. This time it was Annie. She woke up with a red swollen face and blisters. I don't know where they came from and the doctor has declared it to be either a bacterial or viral infection of the skin. She is on anti-biotics and a topical cream. Poor Annie.

Even though she looks miserable, she has been a trooper. She has had a good attitude and laughed when I told her she looked like a cute red chip monk.

Here is the biggest of the blisters. There are tons of little ones all over her cheeks that you can't see in the picture. They actually popped this one in the ER.
After we left the ER, we headed to the store to pick up Annie's prescription. I also let her pick out any cereal she wanted and TWO cute little Halloween toys. Sick kids need to be spoiled a little.
Now, on to happier Annie news.........
A couple months ago, Annie was asked by a neighborhood preschool teacher to illustrate some books for her. Annie took her job very seriously. After hours of work and a little help from her sisters and Mom, she finished them up last night. I think there were about 15 books in all. She is such a cute and creative artist. I am amazed at how easily it comes to her. Here are just a few samples of her work.



.
7 comments:
Poor girl! I hope it clears up soon. That does not look pleasant. Annie needs to start her own blog to show-case her work!
Poor Annie! It looks like it hurts. I hope she gets feeling better soon! Her illustrations are fabulous, by the way!
Oh no! I hope Annie feels better soon. She's super talented. Maybe she had an alergic reaction to the crayons. :)
Poor thing! That looks nasty! She is so talented. I had blisters on my face like that once after a long day of skiing and no sunblock. It hurt like crazy! Hope it clears up fast!
Poor Annie! Hope she feels much better soon. Please call us when you need some help, we are just around the corner.
She is an excellent little artist. But poor girl! How scary to wake up with that?!?! I'm glad it wasn't anything too terribly serious, not that it doesn't look it thoough. Poor girl.
Wow, when you said blisters, you meant BLISTERS. I wonder what in the heck caused that? Maybe it was an allergic reaction to all the drawing she did for me! The books turned out so great and look so much better than the poor stick figures that I would have drawn. Get better Annie!
Post a Comment