Tuesday, August 24, 2010

When good bones go bad

From the second I heard a member of our Stake Presidency on the other end of our phone line, I knew it was bad news. No, I didn't get a new calling. President Chugg plays basket ball with Mike every Monday afternoon. He was calling me to let me know Mike had "taken a spill" and needed me to come and take him to the hospital. My first words were, "Shoot! I knew this day would come!" Every time Mike steps onto the court I worry about those knees of his! This injury is a doozy. He cracked his Tibia, and possibly pulled his MCL. We will find out more tomorrow. But for now, here is a picture of the VERY miserable man with his wounded leg.



I will also say that it REALLY stinks to see someone you love in so much pain. I am totally going to do natural child birth to get back at him.

(on a side note....apparently after my kids found out about Mike, they biked around the neighborhood spreading the news.)

3 comments:

highdeekay said...

I guess even CHUCK isn't invincible. Hoping for a speedy/complete recovery.

Layne said...

He can do a video of "Knees Gone Wild."

Shelley said...

Well, at least he has a loving, compassionate wife to take care of his owie.