Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Do I have a violent nature?

One of the first symptoms of pregnancy this time around were my crazy dreams. Last night was a doozy. Here goes:

Mike was in the middle of telling me how much he enjoyed playing the part of Jesus in a play. (which was a WHOLE different dream too strange to get in to) when we heard the front door open downstairs. We looked at each other and instantly knew we had a home invader. Mike went to grab Jack...(who apparently was the only child we had at the time) and I peeked down the stairwell. I saw the thieves stealing cases and cases of 7-up. (apparently we were going to throw a big party that evening) I ran into our bedroom and grabbed my cell phone. As I dialed the numbers 911, they kept showing up on the cell phone screen as 112. Then I thought, "Wait, I am in Idaho. I need to dial 208 first." (????) So I tried to dial 208-911, and it still didn't work. By this time one of the female invaders had made her way up to our bed room. Luckily, Mike grabbed a near by Swiffer Wet Jet mop and fought with her, (Jedi style) until she hit the floor. Then I grabbed her in a choke hold while Mike sprayed the cleaning solution in her eyes.



I don't think I want to know the deep psychological meaning to this dream.

10 comments:

lissa said...

Yikes.

Nina said...

haha! I love it! I bet Mike was pretty proud of his swiffer bowstaff skills. Pregnancy brings on weird dreams for me too.

Stephanie F. said...

Wait, do you know that 112 is an SOS number too? At least on my cell phone it is.

Marianne said...

Tee hee! I love pregnancy dreams. They are so bizarre.

Crystal said...

Aah! Not the Swiffer Wet Jet! I sense (or am requesting) a Chuck Norris video coming soon, featuring the "Swiffer."

Shafferprincess said...

Oh my goodness - that made me laugh so hard! Thanks for the laugh!

And, I have weird pregnancy dreams, too, only involving people I grew up with. And they're not usually violent

Oh, and if I watch a movie based on a real event (think Titanic, or Pearl Harbor) I dream about the most intent part of the movie ALL. NIGHT. LONG. So, instead of sinking in two hours, the Titanic took about 8 hours to sink in my dream. Over and over and over again. And, I watched Leo sink half a dozen times.

And I heard the airplanes fly into Hawaii with the tense music in the background - again, ALL. NIGHT. LONG!

I think I'd rather fight off an intruder with a Swiffer! :)

highdeekay said...

Awesome. You rock even while sleeping!

Heather said...

Ah, so funny! I like how the invaders went straight to the 7up! No one should get away with that!

Rekehl Johnson said...

Did you eat right before going to bed? I have weird dreams if I do that.

Linda Barton said...

It just goes to show that even in your dreams you feel empowered to take care of yourself...good job you!