Who needs toys when you have a hose with a sprayer on it? Seriously, this has kept Jack entertained for hours this summer! There was one incident when he held us all hostage in the house. We were using the hose on the back deck to spray down some sticky drawers from the fridge. I had to run inside to grab a scrub brush and let Jack have the hose while I was gone. When I was ready to come back outside Jack was spraying the door. Every time I tried to opened the door, he would turn and spray me. He laughed and laughed.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Our Summer...in Random order
What do you do when you have TONS of pictures and memories to blog about, but feel overwhelmed and are on the brink of quiting? Well, naturally, you do what I did....Have your 12 year old call out random numbers between 1 and 200 (yes, that's how many pictures I have on my camera) and then blog about those pictures and call it good. So, here is what the fates have choses for me to share this day........

Who needs toys when you have a hose with a sprayer on it? Seriously, this has kept Jack entertained for hours this summer! There was one incident when he held us all hostage in the house. We were using the hose on the back deck to spray down some sticky drawers from the fridge. I had to run inside to grab a scrub brush and let Jack have the hose while I was gone. When I was ready to come back outside Jack was spraying the door. Every time I tried to opened the door, he would turn and spray me. He laughed and laughed.
While other children are wasting away the summer hours by swimming in pools and constructing Lemonade stands, my year round schooler is serving up Pizza in the lunch room. After a quick call to Mom to bring her some closed toed shoes, Annie strapped on her apron and hat and became the cutest lunch lady of the day.
After being terrorized by the loud sounds of his cousins automatic,13 foam bullet, machine guns, Jack's aunt Mindy bought him this smaller version. (I think she was using the ol' "Get Back Up on the Horse" mentality with him) It took several minutes and several milestones for him to get up the courage to actually hold the gun: First step: looking at the gun without crying. Second Step: Sitting on the floor by Mom while she shoots it. Third step: Pulling the trigger and clapping for himself. (pictured above) Fourth Step: Shooting the gun over and over and over and then using every object in the house as a gun while yelling, "Shoot it!" Where most parents might frown on guns for their 1 year old, Mike and I were thrilled to see Jack playing with a "boy toy". :-)
Bless this beautiful rubber filled tank of water. What would I have done without you all summer? After all the hours of swimming, Jack has a little tan line (accentuated by his cute white bum). Casie is a couple of shades darker than pasty white. Annie is a nice light brown. And Ellie looks like a different nationality.
Girls camp was a great success! Here we are right before we took a walk to a secluded area and buried these awesome wooden swords. One of the leaders taught the girls about the Lamanites and how they would rather die than break their covenants with the Lord. Then she asked them each what they would be willing to give up to better know their Savior. We all took a moment and wrote down some things on our swords and then buried them. It was really cool. The girls were so reverent during the whole thing. Silence at girls camp is such a rarity! It was so much fun having Casie there as well. She had a blast.
The day after we got home from Camp, Mindy came up for a shopping trip. We headed out at 10am and got home at 7pm. Seriously, I think I was more tired from that then 4 days at girls camp. :-) But it was really fun! Casie got some super cute school clothes. (Including this matchy, matchy out-fit with her cousin Kinely)
One of the summers highlights was the Hyde family retreat to Zions. Mom and Kent treated us all to a two day stay at an AMAZING cabin near Zions National Park. We had such a great time. All the girl cousins stayed in a big room with tons of bunk beds. The older girls gave the little girls some fabulous make-overs. It was sweet. We also did four wheeling, swimming, a zip-line, volley ball, ping pong, jumping on the tramp...(as pictured in my last post) and just enjoying time with family. Thanks again Mom and Kent!
Who needs toys when you have a hose with a sprayer on it? Seriously, this has kept Jack entertained for hours this summer! There was one incident when he held us all hostage in the house. We were using the hose on the back deck to spray down some sticky drawers from the fridge. I had to run inside to grab a scrub brush and let Jack have the hose while I was gone. When I was ready to come back outside Jack was spraying the door. Every time I tried to opened the door, he would turn and spray me. He laughed and laughed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How fun! What a great way to choose pics...way to go Casie!!
I loved that post. I feel overwhelemed with all the pictures on my camera too. Maybe I'll do that.
Plus I still love your camera...and your cute kids.
Thanks for making this summer fun for us too.
Mom came down to do her back to school shopping and as we headed out the door for the two day whirlwind of shopping, I told Kyle not to worry because I had been training for this moment my whole life.
Post a Comment