OR.....try to love what's good for you until you realize they are quite NASTY and give the rest to your hamster.
(Although these are very cute and we had fun pretending we were giants eating whole heads of lettuce, I just can't say that I am in love with brussel sprouts. And if I didn't like them, you can imagine what the rest of the family thought of them....Anyone have any ideas on how to make these babies taste good? I just roasted them in olive oil and added them to our pasta dish.)
But all hope is not lost............there's always dessert.

9 comments:
The way I always ate brussels sprouts when I was little is to steam or boil them until they were pretty soft, then drown them in butter and salt and pepper. I still like that way better than roasted--they taste all crunchy and woody to me when they're roasted.
I like them best ...well... in the garbage. Good luck with that!
I love those cookies! They are the best1 :)
ok, Jill, here is my mom's secret.
Choose small fresh ones, boil, until soft, but not mushy..do not cover..strong flavor will make them stronger..boil uncovered (this way you can smell it in your house for a week :-) smother with butter, salt & pepper and a little vinegar yum yum!, if you like Brussels sprouts..personally, I'll take the cookies.
Ha ha! You could always say to yourself, "I am a grownup! I can eat whatever I want, and I don't want to eat these!" and say it with pride. My 2 cents!! (I'm sure that's all it's worth!)
I was so excited to try brussel sprouts and I was bitterly disappointed when I bit into them. The outer layer was ok smothered in butter and salt. But, really, I'm with Punky Brewster (remember her?) I'm pretty sure it was brussel sprouts that she said she didn't like!
i guess i am wierd cuz...i love brussel sprouts. just cut in half and in butter in the frying pan. just a tintsy burned.
but on the other hand ...i am not a big fan of frosted animal crackers.
and dont get me wrong i only eat about 3 vegetables a year...and about 3 cookies an hour....(just not frosted animal cookies) hee hee...maybe if theyy were frosted in a chocolate icing????? yah..that would do the trick.
hee hee
www.gypsylemonade.blogspot.com
www.supwiththehawkerz.blogspot.com
Tell your family to pretend their on their mission and the family they're eating with expects them to clean their plate! I ate SO many of those in England, and I did it well, but I haven't had one since I've been home.
I personally like them like Linda does...
Post a Comment