It would be a novel of a post if I were to try and write down all the details that made the trip enjoyable, so I will have to be content with one-liners and hope they will serve as a reminder as the years go by. :-)
Here are a few of the things that made our trip so much fun.
*Being away from the kids....sorry kids, but it was awesome to be footloose and fancy free! (I love you!)
* Doing a crossword with Mike on the airplane. How often do we ever do that?? Never!
*Staying at hotels that had semi-yummy breakfasts
*Getting to see John and Valaries awesome home!
*Going to the beach...in the rain.
*Getting to know all the VM wives better
*Having good Southern food...I had a hot dog with Cole slaw on it..and I liked it.
*Laughing and laughing and laughing
*Going to Charleston and dreaming of owning one of the ocean view homes...."I call the yellow one!"
*Going on a dinner cruise! It was so much fun and a highlight for all of us. It ended with all of us busting a move on the dance floor, and my husband..(aka Funky White Boy) doing a crazy dance solo that ended in the half splits. People cheered. I laughed....hard.
*Shopping for skinny jeans and boots....happy for Layne, sad for me...:-)
*Giving Valarie a glamour make-over in the dressing room at Kohls
*Having a few short hours of sleep at an AMAZING home! It was surrounded by a forest!
*Steamers
*Seeing two famous people at the airport (Kristin Chenoweth and the Dad from Little people big world)
*Just having a great time with our friends!
So, in true Jill fashion, I brought my camera on our awesome trip to South Carolina, but failed to bring the battery charger! I got three shots, and one of them is of me and Mike, but my eyes were closed so I didn't bother to post it!


6 comments:
That sounds fabulous! Did you get to talk to Kristen? She is my hero. South Carolina is totally on my list of places I must go visit. Hooray for weekend get aways. =)
so glad that one of your two shots was of my backside, thanks for that! :-)
It really was a great time. I so enjoyed our visit in the van on the way from Charleston to Columbia.
Good times.
Heidi, If I had my way ALL of my shots would have been of your back side...lol...actually I couldn't pass up capturing the tender moment between you and Phil. I think John H snapped the same shot of you two. If you didn't want your picture taken, you shouldn't look so in LOVE!! :-)
PS For all we knew, you could have been talking about a backed up septic tank, but to us it looked like you were basking in love! :-)
I have been wondering where you have been! I feel like I haven't seen you forever. And yes, come borrow something so we can catch up sometime! :)
I dig those short pants that John is sporting.
Did I know you went to SC? we really need to talk more.
Mom
Post a Comment