Friday, March 20, 2009

Where's my Mommy?


What kind of Mom leaves their baby for 10 days? I keep asking myself this question!!! I am having major guilt/anxiety about this trip to England. I KNOW he will be in very capable hands. I KNOW he won't remember this when he's older. I KNOW I am suppose to be so excited to go,...but all I think about is what little Jack is going to be feeling about my absence. Am I going to ruin him for life? Will his sense of security going out the window? Will he still be the happy baby I know and love when I get back? What will I miss in the time I'm away?


...PS He rolled over today so at least I didn't miss that. :-) Mindy, if you teach him to ride a bike while I'm gone, so help me!....:-)

PSS I am still excited for my trip and for the chance to spend some time with Mike. I know he will be fine...I'll just miss him and my girls tons!!

12 comments:

Jenni said...

Can he possibly get any cuter??? He will absolutely be just fine. As a reassurance, do a blog post just before you go and we will all pray for little Jack and your cute girls too. :) You're going to have a blast!

highdeekay said...

Man, he just gets more and more handsome all the time! 10 days ... just think how gorgeous he'll be when you get home. :)

I'm having stress about leaving Phil and Eden for girls camp (5 days) so I can relate. You look forward to some time away from the job but then again you can't imagine how that can be fun without these little people.

England, ENGLAND!!! with your hunka hunka burnin' love! It will be so AWESOME!

Layne said...

Well, he'll probably just have a difficult time relating to women, and he'll never get married and he'll collect old gas station signs or something. No big.

Anonymous said...

Use a web cam

- rich

CrazyCow said...

Jack will be soooo fine. It is so hard to leave the little ones! I left Josh and Carley when they were 3 and 2 with a total stranger that my mother in law hired. We were gone for like, seventeen days or something. Talk about freaked-out. However, they did great and had a fun time. One cute thing that the nanny did was; she kept a little daily journal of everything they did and the funny things they said while we were gone. It was great. I still have it. Also, for the older kids, sometimes, I will leave a present for each one for each day that we are gone. That helps. Have fun! I'm so jealous. Oh, and try the Cadbury "Milky Buttons". They are yummy.

Carrie said...

We left my baby sister(1) and brother(3) to go to disneyland for a week and they have never forgiven my parents, you are soooooo screwed.

Have fun, I am so jealous

Sherron said...

I went out of town for 4 days when Seth was only 3 months old. I didn't know what to do with my hands because I was use to holding my little baby. I missed him, but decided that I needed to live in the moment. If you spend your vacation wishing you were home, you'll regret it. I enjoyed my time away and I don't regret going. I have awesome memories of my trip and from what I can tell, Seth is adjusting well!

Shelley said...

I know what you mean. I left my much older babies for 4 days and missed them more than I thought I would. But it was nice to get away and in the moments where my friends were wrestling their little ones, I kept thinking "this is so nice that I don't have to worry about anyone but me right now." Plus, you come home and love them even MORE...yes, it's possible. :)

Stacy Holmes said...

Jill-
Just got back from Florida for 8 days without the kids-
cried on the plane there-
until I was in the air then I
Smiled all week
Made me like my kids more when I saw them tonight
Good break
great times
kids survived
kids thrived with gma
IT IS OK!

Jillo said...

Hello!!! You are going to England!!! Who needs kids when you will have Big Ben to stare at all day. =)

Mindy said...

I just read this post. I have been a little behind since our vacation. I am going to call you to find out how to do web cam. The problem is that sometimes those hotels costs $20 for 24 hours of internet use. Lets figure it out though and so if you decide to do it we can.

Mindy said...

And we will be teaching him to walk during those 10 days...and to call me "mama"...ha ha just kidding on that last one. That was low even for me.