Thursday, March 5, 2009

Annie



What a sweet day when one of your kids gets baptized. Not only was the day wonderful, but the whole week leading up to the actual day was very special. Helping Annie understand her covenants and talking about the gift of Holy Ghost, really strengthened my testimony and brought the Spirit into our home.

It was so fun to see how excited she was on the day of her baptism. We were lucky to be the hosting ward so Annie's Grandma's were able to give the talks. Grandma Madsen gave a talk about Baptism and Grandma Teeples gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. Annie and her sisters sang When I am Baptized. She also asked her best friend Sadie and her cousin Eden to bare their testimonies. They did a great job. It was such a wonderful day!


One cute little question she asked before her baptism:


"How long will Dad hold me under the water....like, while he says the prayer?"






8 comments:

Heather said...

That is so sweet! Great job, Annie! And, great job Jill and Mike for having such a sweet daughter.

Jenae said...

She looks so pretty in those pictures! We really enjoyed her baptism and appreciate the invite! Her and Sadie are such sweet friends. She is always a pleasure to have over! Also, nice job getting her pics done already, that is something I have on my to do list for Sadie. Yikes!!

By the way...I think that is a perfect dress for her! I think it's kind of fun to see what they pick for themselves!

Shelley said...

I remember being so nervous about the whole underwater thing when i was 8 years old. I'm glad she had a good day and she looks like an angel in her white dress!

By the way, I miss you...where have you been hiding lately?

Brett and Tiffany said...

Yea for baptism! She looks beautiful in her white dress. Our little girl just got baptized a few months ago too! it is fun to see how excited they get about it. It is an important step!

Jenni said...

She is so angelic in that beautiful white dress. What a special day for you all to remember.

Mindy said...

So cute! That sounds just like Annie to ask about being held underwater during the prayer...cute too because she was still willing to be baptized even though she was not sure on that topic!

Kamey Jean Hope said...

She has grown up so much and turning in to a beautiful young lady. Its hard to believe how long its been since I had her in my primary class the 4 to 5 year old's. Tell her congrats from us.

lissa said...

We are so proud of Annie for her decision to be baptized. Mike & Jill you are great examples for your children (and us)!!