As a child I remember Sunday afternoon's as the funnest time of the week. Probably because Mom and Dad would take a nap, and the kids got free reign of the house! We did SO many fun things as brothers and sisters...usually Ben was the spear head for our adventures. I remember building tunnels, playing school..or church, and of coarse our favorite...VIDEO MAGIC! My girls seem to be following in the same footsteps of my youth. They always seem to come up with a fun game to play together on Sundays. It's funny because very rarely do all three of them play together during the week. They usually pair off, or find a friend to hang out with. Sunday's always seem to bring them together. Here is a small game they made up today. The object of the game is to balance across the couch. Annie, who is on the recliner, had to make some whooshing sound before they began. It's pretty funny....
9 comments:
thats embarrasing i hope the people who veiw arnt people I know
Casie, I know you and I think you are cute, creative, charming, talented, and lots of fun (did you get those qualities from your mom?).
Sunday family time is the best!
When will my kids start PLAYING together on Sundays instead of FIGHTING?? :)
This is soooo something my sisters and I would do as kids. Complete with theme music and dance moves. I always love posts about your kids because they really do remind me so much of myself. So fun!
I love sunday afternoon playing too. This year our church is at 1 so we have less play time after...and everyone knows you dont play before church, you can only fight before church.
Oh.. I would still enjoy making music vidoes... :) Do we ever out grow being a ham?
Very cute.
My brothers were always wrestling. I believe my parents never bought “new” furniture because we were always doing “Half Nelsons” or other Coach Holman maneuvers with wreackless abandonment, amidst the tattered couches. …….you know, Delta High Wrestlers…back in the day.
At my house if you couldn't hold your weaker brother in a choke-hold long enough to hear mom whistling the dinner chime you were S.O.L.
I remember Jay and I had this game where "THE FLOOR IS POISON!!!!" and you'd fight to be the one that wasn't touching the floor buy staying "afloat", balancing all your weight, literally kneeling on your opponent all the while gripping them tightly. This was always very frustrating to the one being “floated on”. To this day when we say "THE FLOOR IS POISON!!!!" we bust up laughing. Probably only because the voice we use to say this is so “Wicked Witch” …. Imagine Jay with green makeup and pointy shoes saying “The floor is poison”…..
….still makes me laugh.
Your girls are so cute. I see YOU in all of them. It’s so amazing. What a beautiful family.
Love you.
J.
I'm glad to see that the Hyde fun/creative genes have been passed on to your kids. I too wish that my kids would play together on Sunday instead of fighting all day!
Jill, Scott just told me today that you called on Saturday. Then, I heard your message from today. I was feeding my little one when you called and he's not so much of a social eater anymore. I have to keep quiet so he won't suddenly turn around to see what's going on. What a cutie. I wanted to call you right now but I hope, for your sake, you are asleep, which I should be too. So... I'll call you tomorrow! Love ya, Sarah
Post a Comment