Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Baby starts Kindergarten!


Last Tuesday my little Ellie started Kindergarten! She was SO excited! She woke up at 6:55am and came into my room, " Is it time for school yet Mommy?" I knew then that it would be a long day. :-) Luckily we had a doctors appointment and swimming lessons to take up the morning! I put her on the bus and then got in the van and followed her to school. She was beaming. I sure love that little...I mean, big girl!....(ok, so I am slightly enjoying my three hours in the after noon, but I still miss my little buddy)



I took this footage at Ellie's swimming lesson that morning. I can't believe my baby started Kindergarten AND learned to dive (sort of) in the same day!

8 comments:

Heidi P said...

Wow!! Congrats Ellie! She looks so cute on her first day...How did you do?
How you feeling? Ready for baby or what!? ;)

Mom M. said...

I feel like she is my "baby" too. She is the only grandchild so far that I have lived close to during her "birth to school" phase. I'm sure she will be the best behaved, brightest, cutest, obedient child in Kindergarten...just like all of my others :-) Love you, Ellie.

Shelley said...

What a cutie! Jack is coming at the perfect time, isn't he? Soon you will have a new little buddy so you won't get lonely! :)

Jillo said...

I alway shed a little tear every time my babies try something new. You should have seen me the day Kade went to cub scout camp! =)
Tanner starts first grade next week and it will be kinda sad to see him gone all day long. Our babies are growing up!

Mindy said...

I was begining to worry about you...I am glad you posted Ellies first day. Its such a huge milestone for kids and parents. Get some good sleep while she is gone! Diving is hard! I cant do it at all.
I cried the first day of school this year too. I really wish we had year round down here cause it seems like such a better deal.

Betty Grace said...

Hey Jill- you must be busy- it's been a while since you posted. How's everything? Cute little Ellie. I'm sure she will wow 'em in school

Anonymous said...

Jill, how fun to have two babies: one just starting school and one on the way. You nap of course with your three hour break!
All your girls look so adorable. I noticed the crayons taped to Annie's hat.

You're sending some great spirits out into the world.
Mom

Heather said...

That's a great dive, Ellie! I'm very impressed.