If you drive by my house and see 2-6 men in my bedroom, don't be alarmed.....I assure you there is no funny business going on! Voice Male is recording their Kids CD in our Studio/Bedroom/closet. Mike has literally been working around the clock with different members of the group at a time. Twice last week we had people here until 2am! Mike has been so amazing in his efforts to make this project come to pass. He truly amazes me with his musical talent. I think his official title is : ProducerDirectorArrangerSongwriterEditorEngineer. I am on climate control, pizza delivery, and "Stank control"....(sorry Voice Male, but six guys cooped up in a hot room calls for a couple cans of Glade!)
Yesterday, I figured Mike would be working on the CD into the wee hours of the morning again. So it surprised me when he called me from work and asked me out for a date. He didn't tell me where we were going, he just said he was sick of being cooped up and wanted to take his SMOKIN HOT WIFE out on the town...(I may be embellishing this story slightly)....anyway...He ended up taking me to Thanksgiving Point to see the comedian Brian Reagan. As if that weren't enough, he also packed a fun snack of "cheese and wine". He brought some wine glasses and sparkling grape juice. He also bought some DELICIOUS specialty cheese. (I'll never go Western Family again!...Layne, I almost cried..lol) We had fun feeling like "proper" folk. The cheese and "wine" mood didn't quite fit with our laughing our HEADS off at Brian Reagan. We were both seriously in tears. I thought I might go into labor. I love comedy that is clever and funny without being inappropriate!
I only had enough battery in my camera to get a few shots. But I will tell you it was a BEAUTIFUL night. There was an honest to goodness cool breeze and a full Moon. Perfect! Thanks Mike for such a fun night! You did good! I love you. 

Here is the awesome amphitheater with the Waterfall behind it. So pretty!
14 comments:
I'm in tears, too..not from laughter, but from amazing sons who treat their wives with respect, love, laughter, and lots of help around the home. I am proud to be your Mom. Thanks Dave, Brian, Mike, and Rich and I couldn't leave out Allen, my favorite son-in-law (don't tell anyone he's my ONLY son-in-law.) I love you all!!!! Mom
Oh, I can't believe you got to see Brian Reagan!! He's is absolutely hilarious! I'm green with envy. Glad you had a good time.
Melissa
How romantic! Mike is such a sweet guy. Just like Kurt...Mike will know what that means.
Wow..has he been reading Twilight?
Maybe he knows that after the baby things like this will be a little harder. What was the cheese? Plus he already took you to your appreciation dinner...you are spoiled!
What a great hubby you have...even if it means he takes you away from me and scrapbooking night! :) Boys can always do good when they're dating, but marriage is definitely a whole new ball game - and Mike scored a home run! Ok, that was cheesy. You know what I mean. Oh wait, not like that either. Ok, I will stop before I get myself into any more trouble!
I want to know how you look so good even when you're pregnant. Some of us spend nine months looking like a manatee, so maybe you should share your beauty tips.
That's so romantical!
I'd be suspicious if it wasn't Mike. Any other guy and I'd be like "what did he do and what has he now gotten away with?" (hands on hips 'cuase this means Im serious)
How sweet.....
Layne is right. You look amazing!
hmmmm wine and cheese....
He is an amazing husband, you are very lucky to have him. Plus you are adorable-would you please put some weight on to make the rest of us who aren't pregnant feel better about ourselves?!
How sweet. Mike is a great guy. I am glad you had a good time.
looks like fun! Date nights are the BEST!!!!I have never heard of Brian Reagan but sounds like I need to see him!
BTW You look AWESOME!!!!!
We love Brian Reagan! He is sooo funny! Our favorite is the "you too!" one and the plural one. "what is the plural for box?" I love it because we can listen to him while the kids are in the car and not have to edit.
What a sweet honey you have. I am glad you had so much fun.
WoHoo another Voice Male album!! :)
Glad you got to go out on a fun date too!! What a good man Mike :)
You and Mike BOTH rock! Seriously, you have had to put up with a lot of VM stuff lately. Perhaps there needs to be VM appreciation monthly! :)
Thank you to all the Beardens!
How wonderful! Josh and I are jealous you got to go, We love Brian Reagan!
Post a Comment