My side of the Story:
What I hear from the living room:
Ding Dong...."She's here!" "She's Here!".....(Children running to the door)...(door opens)..."Merry Christmas!"....Thud....silence.
I run in to see my Mother-in-law face down in my entry way with blood spilling from somewhere on her face.
My Mother-in-laws side of the Story:
With two bags full of presents in her arms she carefully walks up the icy steps toward the front door.... Carefully....Carefully....Carefully...."Oh good, I made it without falling"....Ding Dong..."Merry Christmas!" Suddenly......falling...falling...falling...toward the tile...can't catch myself....SMACK!!!...pain...blood.
Ellie's side of the story:
Watching...waiting...watching...watching....out the window. Grandma will be here soon! Ding Dong..."She's here, She's here!" Run to the door....fling it open...."Merry Christmas!" JUMP onto Grandma wrapping arms AND legs around her which causes the falling, falling, falling......Thud...Grandma's bleeding. Ellie's fine.

This is not going to be my most favorite Holiday memory of all time, but I'm sure it will be the most talked about for years to come. I felt absolutely HORRIBLE! My sweet and good natured Mother-in-law was laughing about it before the blood stopped flowing.
Aside from the smashed up face and mega bloody nose, she also has a black and blue knee and a skinned knuckle. Not to mention the overall soreness that comes from being tackled to the ground.
Aside from the smashed up face and mega bloody nose, she also has a black and blue knee and a skinned knuckle. Not to mention the overall soreness that comes from being tackled to the ground.We are signing Ellie up for football.
10 comments:
Oh no! I am glad she is not too hurt. And I am sure she would love an 8X10 in a frame of her injury diagram. Nothing like keeping the memories of Christmas alive all year long! ;)
see facebook for my real story
Poor Grandma! I'm glad she's ok and didn't need to go to the hospital. Why is it that we remember what went wrong easier than we remember the "perfect" Christmas? Maybe for her birthday, Jill, you should buy her some padding she can wear to your house next year :)
Love the Facebook account and this one as well. Glad everyone is ok. Happy (safe) New Year to you all!
Here is a song the victim wrote. Sing it to the tune of Grandma got run over by a reigndeer.
Grandma got attacked by a grandchild, Leaping with a hug on Chrismas Day. Then the bells were really ringing In her head she could hear them play. She had fallen in the hallway, Face flat upon the floor. Oh, it hurt to lift her head, Did she have a nose anymore?On the floor the blood was flowing, Christmas "red" was everywhere, Did she still have her teeth, All she could do was say a prayer. A Christmas incident had happened, Christmas morn in 2009, Her plan for future visits...will be to wear helmet, pads and block the line.
I'm glad my granddaughter was not hurt....Happy New Year!
How sad! I'm glad she's okay. I'll bet she's stiff and sore! Ouch!
I am glad Mike taught her how to 'wrap up'. It's clearly the best tackling method. :) Good thing Grandmas have to love you!
When you sign up Ellie, sign up Anna too, she is the tackler in the family. Grandma's are great, I hope she healing okay
When you sign up Ellie, sign up Anna too, she is the tackler in the family. Grandma's are great, I hope she healing okay
Well Done. I wondered what your side of the story was...good heavens...what would Christmas be without some sort of "memory"!! Happy New Year!
Post a Comment