Tis the season for BUSY me! The vocal group I am in has officially started it's holiday mayhem so I might not be the best at updating my blog, but I did want to record a few things that have come to my mind this week.
As I was getting ready for a performance on Thursday, Jack fell down a few stairs. Luckily he didn't get seriously injured, but he tore the flap of skin that connects his upper lip to the gums. I called the pediatrician, and she said those kind of injuries can't be stitched.
She said it would heal fast, but it will be very tender for a few days. She was right!! He had a very restless night to say the least. Lots of whimpering and full on screaming at times. I ended up holding him and rocking him for most of the night. It's so hard when someone you love so much is suffering. I just kept thinking about how innocent and sweet he was, and how he didn't deserve to suffer like this. It was then my thoughts turned to gratitude for my Heavenly Father. When I think about Christs sacrifice for me, I usually focus on what he was going through. The pain he felt. As I sat there rocking Jack and wanting so much to comfort him, I started to think about Heavenly Fathers sacrifice for me. He had to watch his precious, innocent son suffer. A son that loved and served others. A son that had no sin. A son that loved him and trusted in him. And the pain he had to suffer was greater than anyone can comprehend. It was such a powerful reminder of Heavenly Fathers love for me. It amazes me that he loved me enough to let his son suffer for me. After seeing my own son suffering just a little bit, it makes it even harder to understand. I don't think I will ever feel worthy of that kind of love, but I am so grateful for it.
10 comments:
You are worthy....just think how helpless the Savior feels when we won't turn to him for comfort when he knows how much He can do to help us feel better. Or in rare cases , when we refuse to be comforted....that is sad too. Sorry about the injury, but I think our Father is happy when we draw the comparisons that draw us closer to Him.
...Good job you!
I loved your thoughts. you must be doing the right things in your life right now to have those lil' personal revelations come to your mind . Thank you for sharing that. It is hard to comprehend watching a child suffering that bad and not being able to make it go away. they love us dearly dont they The Suferrer and The one who had to watch His son suffer for our sake.
Your right about never feeling worthy. We could never in a million years repay him or set the scales more even. But thats ok. We are suppose to need him and come to him often to show humility is a form of gratitude.
Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to "jot" down those beautiful thoughts!
That's so wonderful. Thanks! I think being a parent has helps us to put into perspective what Christ did for us. At least it's worked that way for me, too! I still am trying to wrap my head around Jesus being willing to come to earth as a little baby born in the humblest of humble circumstances. I also wonder what he was like as a baby and as a little child? Well, perfect, I'm sure!
Thanks for saying Alli's choir song was pretty- that means a lot coming from you! ;)
That was a sweet thought. Being a mom sheds light on lots of things. I hope he is better soon.
Cool thoughts. Sometimes I get feeling so bad that Eden has to deal with having a sick dad and stuff but then I remember that she is Heavenly Father's daughter too and that He loves her even more than I do (as hard as that is to believe) and so He will make sure she is ok. It isn't exactly the same but your thoughts reminded me ...
thanks!
Awesome thoughts. I feel the same way, especially when comforting a little one. Sorry you're so busy! But it sounds like you're never too busy to be a wonderful mom.
Jill, thank you so much for sharing this post!It helps me remember how much the Savior loves each of us! Merry Christmas :)
I have a little prize for you on my blog!! :D
Thanks Jill! I love having little reminders like that (not of my child suffering), but understanding just a little bit more of how much our Heavenly Father loves us!! Thanks for sharing!!
The dentists have always told me that many children have an accident and severe that piece of skin. (Unfortunately?) my kids are going to need it clipped.
Post a Comment