So this time I steamed them, buttered them, salted them, sour creamed them, AND put some fresh bacon on them....They weren't too bad. Next time I am going to try it without the Brussel Sprouts.
if you want to cook them fresh, then you have to watch rachel Ray or something, because I know there is a special way to cook them that gets rid of all the bitterness, I just can't remember...
12 comments:
Sour cream? Like a sauce of a dip?
I think the sour cream is where you went astray. I'm telling you, butter, salt and pepper is the way to go.
mmm... bacon... everything is good with bacon and butter, even brussel sprouts.
You crack me up!
ha ha ha you are so forgiving ....they sucked the first time...and you went for it again. good for you! did the kids like them?
Next time use a baked potato instead of the green nastiness. :)
I don't know...veggies only get ONE chance at our house! You are very brave.
just buy the frozen ones that are already drenched in a buttery sauce, I think they are delicious, but I'm kinda gross like that.
My mom was taught that it takes up to 9 times of trying something new before you aquire a taste for it. Only 7 more to go . . .haha!
if you want to cook them fresh, then you have to watch rachel Ray or something, because I know there is a special way to cook them that gets rid of all the bitterness, I just can't remember...
Too funny Jill. You need to go one the road. I love brussel sprouts - try dipping them in vinegar (after cooking). It's yummers.
I meant to ON the road, not ONE the road.
Post a Comment