Tuesday, November 4, 2008

If you give a Mom a toilet wand....

For all you Mom's out there who have read, "If you give a Mouse a Cookie", I give you this version to tell you about my day. :-)


If you give a Mom toilet wand, she's going to want to clean the toilet. As she's cleaning the toilet she will find her daughters dirty underwear secretly hidden in back. (like I would never find it WAY back there!) The dirty underwear will remind her that she needs to switch the laundry from the washer to the dryer. As she goes to throw away the lint from the dryer, she will notice that the garbage is full. She will want to take it out. As she's taking the garbage out, the phone will ring. She will answer it and find it to be a $##% Tele-marketer. Hearing the annoying recording will prompt her to google the "Do not Call List" on her computer. Sitting in front of her computer will make her want to check her email. She might get carried away and also check on her friends blogs...and their friends blogs...and their friends blogs..... Time going by will make the sleeping baby upstairs wake up and want to be fed. Hearing the baby cry will shock Mom back into reality and make her realize she has been on the computer too long. She will pick up the sweet baby and feed him. Feeding the baby will remind Mom that she is VERY thirsty, so she will probably ask for a big glass of water.....and chances are, if she drinks all that water....she is going to have to go to the bathroom!!....(didn't I start cleaning that darn toilet this morning!!!???)

17 comments:

Marianne said...

I love your day! Sometimes I have to actually shut down the computer so I don't spend more time on it than I do playing with the baby! (oops, did I just write that?) But when the day is over and all is said and done, I'm glad you chose the baby over the toilet! Wow, you've got your priorities in order! (he he sorry--lack of sleep talking :)!)

Shafferprincess said...

Love the story, Jill! I think we as mom's have all had one of those days. You should mass email that and see how many times it goes around the world. I bet a lot of women would get a chuckle out of that!

Layne said...

This same thing happens to me all the time! This is why I never get anything done and my house is a wreck.

Melanie said...

Love it. That is pretty much my story every day.

Heidi P said...

Haha, very cute, and true!!

Shelley said...

Unfortunately so true. When my computer was broken, I got SO much more accomplished!

Jillo said...

So great! I loved this story. And it really is the way it goes, especially around here. Thanks for the smile. =)

Melissa said...

Very cute! That is how my day goes most of the time.

Linda Barton said...

Do you have a camera in my house?

Mindy said...

That is so cute and clever (you must have used spell check). I have to force myself to focus on cle3aning one thing at a time most the time.

Stacy Holmes said...

Ha Ha Ha..I am laughing out loud. It is good to know other kids stash their dirty underwear behind the toilet!
I never get anything done either..and I always wonder where the day went when I started out with so much ambition!
Ha Ha Ha

Emily West said...

Very cute! You're so creative. :)

lissa said...

Jill, that was awesome! You should write grown-up versions of children's books. lol is a rarity for me, but I did.

kbrown726 said...

I read this out loud to Jonathan. He said that I am doomed. (I already spend too much time blog hopping)

Palomita said...

We should take pictures to go along with your "book"! - it would make a really cute Christmas present!

Heather said...

Very fun post! You are very creative. It's true, we work and work, but are never done! I told John that I am going to hang a sign in the laundry room that says, "I am building the kingdom of God." Really, I am!! That's what I keep telling myself anyway, as I'm folding basket after basket....

Jenae said...

Isn't that how it always seems to work? Love the book...love the comparison...love it all...it just works.:)