Friday, April 27, 2012

Christmas Miracle!

No, the Miracle isn't that I posted three posts in one day, it's a different one that happened almost 9 years ago.

Christmastime was upon us.  I was just starting my shopping and I had a bit of a chip on my shoulder.  I felt like all the gifts I had ever given my kids were forgotten 1 week after Christmas.  I really wanted to give them something that they would love and play with for a LONG time.  As I pulled out of my driveway to hit the store I decided to say a little prayer.  I asked Heavenly Father to help me find a gift that my kids would play with for years to come.  Literally, the second I said amen, Annie (who was a quiet little two year old, but was known for several "from the mouth of babes" types of conversations) said " Mom, I want Thomas Trains for Christmas".  She had NEVER mentioned trains before and I NEVER thought of ever buying my girls trains before.  I had to laugh at such a specific and immediate answer to my prayer.  I of course bought Annie a wooden train set for Christmas that year.  Annie is now 11 and we still have the original set we bought her..(give or take a few missing tracks)  We have added to it throughout the years, and it has remained a constant favorite among my kids as well as cousins and neighbors.  I am grateful for a Heavenly Father who cares about even the smallest desires of my heart.

Here is Jack with the whole set up....(our tracks and trains have TRIPLED in amount since this young man has started potty training.)

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Such a good story. I often feel so mad about wasting money on christmas gifts that they don't use too. I pray for guidance too. I played with that exact track not three weeks ago with him and he did not have nearly as much. I take it potty training is going great!!!