Jack told me he dreamed that he was in the Temple with baby Max. He said they were in the waiting room singing a song together. This made so much sense to me. I have always felt that Jack and Max not only shared a strong friendship, but a musical bond as well. When I was about six months pregnant with Max, Jack suddenly became very sensitive to lullabies. I remember one night I was holding him and I starting singing, "Hush little baby don't you cry"...Jack's lower lip started to quiver and he broke into sobs. The same thing happened with Rock-a -bye Baby. I thought it was very strange because I had sung these songs to him his whole life. Shortly after Max passed away, Jack (who was only 2) couldn't listen to soft music without bursting into tears. Primary songs were the hardest for him. I remember his sweet nursery teachers tearfully telling me how Jack teared up during "I am a Child of God" during nursery. I started to wonder if my two boys used to sing together before coming to earth. I wondered if somehow Jack's little spirit knew that he wouldn't get to spend his earthly life with his best friend. I loved that he shared his dream with me. Both of my boys are so special to me. I truly look forward to the day when I can see their beautiful friendship resume.
4 comments:
That is so sweet, it brought tears to my eyes picturing those two boys singing and playing together. Thanks for sharing this!
I got teary eyed too. I love Jack so much and can only imagine how precious Max is.
Jill, that is a priceless account. Of course you have interpreted it right. Two Bearden angel boys singing together is not hard to imagine.
Jill, I shared this with Brian's family when I was visiting. WOW! Tears in every eye. Not only do you have a flare for writing, but you have the greatest of subject matter. Jack is an amazing little boy...well beyound his years in maturity...and I too, will welcome the time to see them together again.
Post a Comment