Why hasn't anyone thought of this before? Well, I will tell you,..because they aren't GENIUSES..(or is it Geniusi?) like I am! This epiphany came to me, as many of my epiphanies do, while sitting in McDonalds. Now, let me just say, I HATE Mcdonalds, (wait, Bearden's don't say hate) I strongly dislike McDonalds. I actually like the food ok, but it represents everything I am trying to avoid and yet so frequently falter on. It caters to my lazy, cheap, and busy side. Oh and my greasier than snot side. (don't you have a side like that?) In my heart and at my dinner table I always want the best nutrition for my family, but whenever I don't have time to steam a carrot, or cook up some Kale chips because I am running out the door, those golden arches are always on my radar. Grrr..... Ok, so here's where my epiphany comes in. What if.................I find an awesome network of friends. Equally busy, equally wanting healthy choices for their family, and equally plagued with stopping at fast food restaurants more than they would like. What if we all formed our own "restaurant" chain? We could call it, "Home cookin'" or "Kome on in for Kale", or "Death to Mickey D's"...(not to be confused with "Death FROM Mickey D's). Anyway, we all get together and decide who will run the "restaurant" on each day. The location will be our very own houses. On our day we have to commit to stay home between the hours of 11:00 am and 1:00 pm. We have to have some sort of healthy meal or snack that can be easily eaten in a car, and easily carried out by our 2 to 6 year olds employees. All the members of our "club" (ya, it's a club now) will just have to pull into the driveway, do the secret honk (to be decided later), and the food will promptly be delivered right to our cars...just like a drive through! Of course we wouldn't pay for the food since we would all be taking turns. (unless one Mom gets a little lazy and decides to send out a bag of old gold fish and water. I mean, when I am preparing gently steamed Alaskan salmon garnished with a sprig of parsley, coupled with a veggie-ca-bob and spring water, I am not going to accept junk like that. " Gold Fish Mom "would most likely be put on probation.) Anyway...ooo...ooo....a new thought just came. What if enough eager Parents joined in and we could run our lunches like Geo Caching? You would just look up participating homes and drop by one that is closest to the errand you are running....wait...wait...I just had visions of razor blades in apples and hypodermic needles in bananas...ya, maybe I'll just stick with people I know and trust. (although I thought I knew "Gold Fish Mom" and look where that got me.)
Ok, there you have it...the Jill Bearden epiphany of the day. You might be surprised at how many ideas are running through this brain of mine. If you are interested in more of my awesome ideas, please read here. Thank you. Oh, and if you would like to sign up to participate in this service please contact me.
And now, small print time....
All individuals wishing to participate in our Home Made co-op must come to the table with three different ideas for a secret honk. When utilizing the services of the co-op, you will be allowed up to 10 children in your car, as long as you can prove they are all yours. You will be awarded a "friend pass" once a month, but the friend must pay. All individuals wishing to participate must also understand that if you show up at my house and I am unprepared, I shall not be kicked out of the club. It's my club. I reserve the right to be flaky. Member FDIC.
The Management
Ok, there you have it...the Jill Bearden epiphany of the day. You might be surprised at how many ideas are running through this brain of mine. If you are interested in more of my awesome ideas, please read here. Thank you. Oh, and if you would like to sign up to participate in this service please contact me.
And now, small print time....
All individuals wishing to participate in our Home Made co-op must come to the table with three different ideas for a secret honk. When utilizing the services of the co-op, you will be allowed up to 10 children in your car, as long as you can prove they are all yours. You will be awarded a "friend pass" once a month, but the friend must pay. All individuals wishing to participate must also understand that if you show up at my house and I am unprepared, I shall not be kicked out of the club. It's my club. I reserve the right to be flaky. Member FDIC.
The Management
7 comments:
And why can't fast food places have steamed vegetables as a side? They're not hard to make, and they could give them to you in a little cup with some real, actual butter. Totally portable, not messy. It makes me irritated.
Love the idea and the post JIll. Good luck. I would for sure be the gold fish mom on probabtion.
Phil and I belonged to just such a co-op. It is how we really got to know each other. Each neighbor took a night each week. Voila!
Now I do this with my mom and sister. It is fabulous!
Still, those golden arches beckon me more than I'd like. Argh!
I totally love that. Made me laugh. I promise not to be the "Gold Fish Mom". I don't even like Goldfish! But I'm not sure I'd like homemade kale chips either. Oh well, they wouldn't be for me anyway. Great idea! ;)
It sounds great! Unfortunately, I would be the "goldfish mom". I love them. My kids love them. They come in a variety of colors and flavors. I guess I'm out this time....good luck!!
Besides, I don't have a drive-thru window, and I don't usually hear a car horn honk over the noise of frying food in my kitchen ;)
That's awesome! Not to interfere with your "epiphany" in any way, shape, or form, but I remember when I first moved into this ward, there was a dinner club where they would take turns making dinner for a crowd and then you only had to cook a nice meal once a week. I guess it worked well (until it fizzled out). I like the idea of the healthy food though. I'll totally do it if you're up for organizing it! :)
Post a Comment