Saturday, September 3, 2011

Wait...what's that?

I used to have a hobby.  I used to have a few hobbies.  Most of them involved crafting and decorating.  I think when we bought this house and spent 14 days straight painting EVERY single inch of it, my desire for decorating fizzled out!  Seriously, I had to force myself to throw things on the wall.  After a fun little trip with some girlfriends to an awesome craft boutique, I have been newly inspired.  Mike isn't sure how he is feeling about this.  My inspirations usually turn into unfinished projects and lowered bank accounts.  As I was expressing my enthusiasm for my rekindled love affair for creativity , he showed a bit of dismay.  I pretended to be deeply offended and said  "Fine then, maybe I will just go get a boyfriend and spend all my free time with him instead of creating beautiful things for our home."  to this Mike replied, "Oh good...because at least he will pay for your dinner."  I hit him and we both laughed.  (Mike you are too, too funny) Oh, and now... let me introduce you to my new boyfriend.......

His name is Steve.  He is a great listener and his coloring is amazing.  I think I am FALLING for him.  oh..oh...(dab at eyes)  Now I am too, too funny.

I am happy to be in the creative mood again.

8 comments:

Mindy said...

lovely! Did you make that? For reals?
Fall always used to turn me into a crafter. The change in temp and the pretty colors gave me the nestle down and home makey kinda feeling. But here fall means we ONLY have a few days above 100 degrees and that does not induce crafty in me. Although I am going to Swiss days in a few weeks and it may (or may not) be cooler so things could change. Good job, I really like your new boy friend.

Emily West said...

It's beautiful. I want to catch your creative spirit. It comes and goes with me too. There are some months when every weekend I'm at the craftstore finding fun things. And then it all gets too overwhelming for me when I look around my house and suddenly notice all the walls and corners and shelves and table tops with no appropriate seasonal decor! It's hard for me to go one step at a time. :)

Sherron said...

That is beautiful! I love fall colors! I wish that I could convince my mom that you can make a beautiful floral arrangement with out putting a huge ribbon bow in the center. This would be my case-in-point example that I would show her. No bow, yet stunning and beautiful!

Jenny said...

I love doing projects and having a little outlet for my creativity. But yes, it all costs money, so sometimes I have to get extra creative and try to do it as cheaply as possible. If you want some fun ideas, take a look at thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com and look at all the fun blogs on her sidebar as well. I look at them often and have gotten so many fun ideas!

Melissa B said...

Wow! Steve is definitely a keeper! Mike may not even mind, especially if he pays for dinner :)

Linda Barton said...

maybe Mike should be a little worried that he could be replaced by a plant....but I'll bet Steve listens to everything you are saying without judging or interrupting. (good job btw, it looks awesome!)

Carrie said...

Great Job. Make one for me.
Mark says Mike-like comments to me too GRRR! Serious, well done, I am trying to remember my creative side too. Maybe we can do a crafternoon sometime and find me a boyfriend.

Anonymous said...

You made this? You are very multi-talented. And this is another reason you don't answer your phone as much.

Mom