Thursday, September 1, 2011

Binky at three.

Yes, Jack still has his Binky.  He will be three at the end of this month.  Why do I not care one bit?  I love that I have a little magical plug that will turn my rambunctious 2 (almost three) year old into a quiet little snuggler who will still take a nap.   Oh, Jack..what a sweetheart and a stinker he can be.  One of the sweet moments we just had was waking up together..(which happens every morning as he always seems to find his way to our bed each night).  I looked at him and kissed his forehead and said, "I love you".  He gently reached up and touched my cheek and answered, "I will never say I hate you."

The stinker in him flushed a gift card and the toilet paper holder down the toilet.

The sweet heart in him loves me to sing and sing and sing nursery rhymes to him. (especially ones that have the name Jack in them)

The stinker in him spanked our bishops bottom while he was giving Mike a blessing.

The sweetheart in him says,.."Mommy, hold me for two minutes".

The stinker in him asked a total stranger if she wanted to see his pee-pee talk...(don't ask)

All in all our family dotes on this little boy.  I wish I could always remember him at exactly this time of life.  He is growing up way too fast. :-(

5 comments:

Sarah R. said...

This is such a cute post. I love little J and I didn't see one ounce of the stinker while I was there.(His brand of stinker is very funny by the way. That sounded crass, but you know what I mean.) For the record, Gaby still sucks on his fingers when he snuggles me and when he sleeps. I haven't even worried about taking his fingers away either. He's my baby.

Melissa B said...

Seriously...he's so sweet and silly and innocent and mischievous and...Awesome!!! I bet your bishop loves him, too. ;)

Sherron said...

I think that Jane will be 3 and still using a binky. She has been the only one of my kids to take a binky so I haven't had the pratice to wean one off of a binky. I figure that if she is only using it in her bed (which is the only place we let her have it) then it is the same as when my boys sucked their fingers.
Does he sing "Jack and Jill went up the hill" or "Jack and Mom we are the bomb"

Mindy said...

We need Jack!!!
I wish I never took away my kids' pacifiers, then they would still snuggle me and take naps with me and when I tell them to do their jobs and homework and they start to complain, I could simply give them their binkies!

Jenny said...

Wouldn't life be boring without these little ones. I also love this age, and I am thoroughly enjoying having Kate at home with me....well, most of the time. She still has her binky (ones at your house somewhere!) AND she isn't potty trained, so you're one up on me!- Jenny