Sunday, June 22, 2008

Cute Girls

I have to share a few cute things about the Bearden girls....


Last night we were playing Apples to Apples. The word we were all trying to describe was "Calm". Ellie was the judge, and the words she had to choose from were: Camels, Dolphins, potato chips and high heels. When Ellie chose Camels as the winner, Annie got a little mad. (in true Annie fashion) She thought hers would win for sure! I asked which one was hers. "It was high heels!" she said in a frusterated tone. I tried to think of a way that high heels could be considered calm. Before I came up with anything she explained by saying, "you know,... cause the grass up there is really softly blowing..." After a couple seconds of puzzlment, we all burst out laughing. We realized that she thought the card meant, "High Hills". Annie laughed at herself too. It's so cute when first graders start to read by themselves! :-)

A couple of days ago, Ellie wouldn't listen to me when I told her it was time to leave play practice. She wanted to play with her friend instead. As I have done many times before, I pulled out the ol'......"Ok, I guess you want to be in Ana's family now,...see you later." Ellie LOVED this idea! The next day at breakfast she brought it up again. She asked if I could take her to Ana's family that day so she could be their new sister. I then tried to bring her back to real life by saying, "But Ellie, wouldn't you miss your mommy?" She got a bit thoughtful and said, "mmmm, no, I think I've had enough time with you."


I got a message on my phone the other day from Annie. She had forgotten her homework folder and needed to turn it in that day. She called from the school and said this: "Hi Mom...this is Annie...I forgot to bring my homework folder to school today....I also forgot to DO my homework...so...could you please do my homework and bring it to me at school?" I laughed out loud and still haven't erased the message.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

tjose are some cute stories!! somtimes i want to say that to my mom will you do my home work and turn it in to me?! thats cute

Mindy said...

The reason why kinley does not ask me to do her homework is because I am not smarter than a 5th grader and she knows it!

Mindy said...

And those are funny stories that we all laughed out loud to. THanks for sharing.

Jill said...

Annie's homework was just a word search...(end of the year busy work)so I HOPE I would be able to do that...might take me a couple of hours though! lol

Mindy said...

Did you really do it for her? If I am going to do the homework I at least have to have the kid in the room and even then we still only call it "helping".

Heidi P said...

Okay, that is so cute. I love the high hills.
And "please do my homework"?! Ha! That is so funny! What a cute girl!

How are you feeling? How much longer?

Jill said...

No I didn't do the home work for anyone wondering! lol

Anonymous said...

Priceless...Did you DO Annie's homework?

Aunt Melissa

Rachel said...

Toooo cute! Kids certainly live in their own little world LOL

Palomita said...

Cute, cute stories! It makes me miss you guys even more. I'm so sorry that I never called when we were in Utah. We didn't see anyone except family - it was too crazy. I've decided that I need to plan time to see friends BEFORE we leave next time, so it's on the calendar and actually happens!

Tell your girls that Bethany and Bekah miss them!

Unknown said...

How funny is that? I can't wait for Henry to be old enough to say cute things!

Mindy said...

Jill,
I thought I already booked with you to stay at your house. Didnt I? I guess I will call you and talk about it...is it still ok? I thought we were taking Casie with us to dad and pams party too? I will call you tonight.