Saturday, June 14, 2008

A BUSY Saturday!

We had such a great, but tiring day today!
9:00 AM It started off with a photo session. We all needed a picture to go along with our Bio for the playbill. The director of the play is a photographer so we met with him this morning and had our pictures taken. Mike and I were laughing as we tried to come up with a Bio for Ellie. We thought we would put...."You may recognize Ellie from such performances as....The 1st Ward Primary Program..." We think we are funny...."we kill we!"

10-11:30am The next activity was a Dance rehearsal at a local gym. The kids and Mike got to practice a few of their dances in front of mirrors. This is Annie with her cast practicing "The lonely goat herd."



12-4:oopm On to the next, and main event of the day....Casie's birthday party! She had 11 friends come to our home to help celebrate the big 10! As most children who anticipate their birthday, She had REALLY been looking forward to this! Her lists and her plans have been mapped out for the last six months. I seriously remember her coming to me with her "game plan" in December! Some of the items on her list were...BBQ, Swimming, pinata, making fun flip flops, giving everyone sunglasses and gift bags, and playing games....(is this child trying to kill me?) We didn't do everything on her agenda, but we had a great time! It started off with lunch...pizza...yes, boring, but what 10 year old doesn't like pizza? Then we loaded the girls up and took them to Mike's mom's neighborhood pool. They had such a blast! Casie was an adorable and gracious birthday girl. We finished the day by getting slushies and having cake....oh, and opening the SLEW of presents!



5-6:30pm The next activity came about because Casie's cousin Keri stayed after the party to play. I wish I would have taken a picture of the adorable "Spa" they set up on the deck. Casie received lots of cute nail polish and lip gloss for her birthday. She and Keri spent the evening giving Ellie and Annie make-overs. They looked SO cute! If I hadn't been napping on the couch,....I totally would have taken a picture of them. :-)

7-9pm After my power nap, and after Mike found out that his Priest activity was cancelled...(due to lack of priests..) We decided to let Casie and Keri babysit while we went out with some friends. We had a great time at a park playing board games and visiting. We don't usually group date...now that we are married, but decided it was fun enough to do on a regular basis! Because I forgot to bring our camera on our date,...here are some pictures we took while "watching" the kids swim!





10..11..12..1:00am Our last activity of the day is still in the making...I am sitting her blogging amongst the MONSTROUS mess that we call home...(remember all the fun we had today?)...and Mike is taking Keri home. As soon as Mike gets home I will be off to the store to buy some "special" items for a Fathers Day/Birthday breakfast tomorrow. I also need to wrap a few gifts and make a birthday cake...who needs sleep anyway!? Actually...I guess Annie and Juno..(Mom's dog) decided that the day had been busy enough. Isn't this adorable!? :-)

9 comments:

Mindy said...

THats a big day! And you are growing a little person in you on top of all that. I was on the computer last night when you got on (for some reason my computer has a window that pops up to tell me when you log on)...I knew you would be blogging so right after I made waffles for Kyle and we opened his fathers day gifts, I got on and sure enough there was your blog.

Shelley said...

Ok, that made me tired just reading it! But long, busy days are fun once in awhile! Hope you get some rest today! :)

Anonymous said...

that sounds like a long day!! i need to blog about the week i have missed on blogging i didnt have a computer by me i wish i was there for casies birthday party!! that looks like she had fun and i want to go to their spa!

Anonymous said...

Wow...I'm impressed. It sounds like the day was busy, yet productive. I'm glad the party went well, did Grandma take a rest after, too? I would have. btw, lookin good on your last post.
Aunt Melissa

Anna B. said...

OK, I am tired now. Good NIGHT! And a happy birthday to Miss Casie! Sounds like a most wonderful busy day.

Betty Grace said...

Geez I feel like Annie on the couch just after reading that! Sounds like a fun day.

Are you coming on the 4th?

Heidi P said...

Seriously, all that while you are Prego!!? Wow. I bet you slept all day on Sunday... Or are you at the lots of energy, nesting phase? Looks like fun though- way to go!

Kyle and Jessica said...

Birthday parties wear me out!! Looked like a fun day. And congratulations on your pregnancy:)

Anonymous said...

hey Jill! i just got online-finally -and reviewed all the family blogs. Yours are always so fun to read have such cute pics! Thanks for your dedication and good luck with the play!