Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A little spoilded

It started with a VERY messy toy room....If I weren't so desperate to have it cleaned, I wouldn't have resorted to bribery. But if bribery had power over anyone...my five year old Ellie is that person. Because I knew it was a big job, I told her that for every toy she picked up, she would get one M&M. She has a bigger sweet tooth than I do, so she seriously considered my offer. "What if I clean the WHOLE thing"..she asked. "Well, then maybe when we go to the dollar store, you can pick a toy!" "Will I still get the nem-nems?"..."uh...sure"..(at this point I am wondering if I am going a bit over board...after all, it was HER mess...why was I paying her to clean it up?)...BUT...to top it all off, I added, .."And, if you do it all before I get out of the shower, I will put a little make-up on you!"...(at this point I was already in too deep...might as well throw in her last and final obsession.) When Ellie heard me turn the shower off, she called through the bathroom door..."Mom, could you please do your hair and make-up before you come and check on me?"...Of coarse I was happy to oblige...this meant my bribe was working! A few minutes later she came scampering down the hall and announced she was finished. She did a great job! I was so proud. I told her that she earned 37 M&M's (I have no idea how many toys were on the floor, but that sounded like a good amount of candy for all the work done) AND a toy, AND some make-up! Here is a picture of the happy, working, spoiled, princess! Notice the voluptuous eye lashes! :-)


I won't mention that later that day when I asked her to take down a few dishes that were left upstairs, she said,"I will if you give me more nem-nems."


While we had the camera out, I had Ellie take a picture of my blooming body! This is 24 weeks! I have felt SO amazing with this pregnancy..let's hope the 3rd tri-mester goes as smoothly.

14 comments:

Anna B. said...

Wow, can I come clean your play room next? I had just hopped over here to post a clever message about stalking you since I check twice a day to see if you have updated but then, here you are. You look fabulous for a 24 weeker! You go girl! Now, let's get going on that nursery. Any ideas???

Heidi P said...

Holy cow..Those eyelashes..No wonder you like to put make up on her. They are gorgous! We have that purse too. It was probably a bribe too ;)

Shelley said...

That girl does not even need makeup to look gorgeous. She has lips and eyelashes people would pay thousands for. Lucky girl... :)

Emily West said...

You look so cute! I walked by this maternity store in the mall called "A Pea in the Pod" and I thought how cute you would look in those clothes with your cute tummy. I also was secretly wishing I was wearing those clothes too! Sshhh, don't tell anyone!

Jillo said...

Ellie is going to be one beautiful lady when she grows up. You had better watch out!
I kinda wish someone would give me an M&M for everything I picked up. Wouldn't that be the best?

You are just cute as can be! I am so excited for your baby boy. Is anyone throwing you a shower?

Cassie said...

I noticed you had a blog from the Voices site and of course I had to check it out. I've missed you tons!

Jill! Look at your cute tummy! I love it! And your little girlies? Dar-ling. How awesome is it that Ellie will clean the play room for a little snack and make up? Send her to my house next!

Jimi said...

Hayden is my child that bribery works best on-Rylan could care less. But hey you do what works. BTW you look darling! You are so tiny.

Anonymous said...

I SO want to come to your house and do chores. M&Ms wield so much power. Be careful.

You look beautiful.

J.

Brittni Schroeder Photography said...

She is a doll!

Melanie said...

You two looks so cute!

Betty Grace said...

You look soooo cute! Nice to know Ellie know the good stuff-- M&M=treat of the Gods! :)

Mindy said...

Its fun to read new material...i have been gone for a while. Ellie is going to be a little heart breaker. And you look so good. So is Emily trying to secretly tell us that someday in the maybe not so distant future she might want to have a baby or just that she likes maternity clothes? Hmmmm...

Anonymous said...

that cute and sounds like some good bargoning:)

Rachel said...

Aww so sweet, don't ya just love bribery, anyone who says they don't do it, obviously has never tried LOL. You look so cute!!