I feel a bit sick about all the Bearden day to day living I have missed because I don't write it down. Here goes another attempt to write in my blog daily......
So here we are living in St George, and it's maybe, sorta, kinda, a little bit starting to feel like we made the right choice to come down here.
Casie is doing sooooo great on her mission. She seems so happy and is having so much success. She amazes me with her ability to speak the language. We spoke with her on Christmas and it was the highlight of the season. It's such a blessing to have a missionary in our family. She makes us all want to do better and be better.
Annie auditioned for her Tuachan Highschool madrigal choir. Up to this point she has shown little or no enthusiasm for going to school there. But the last two days I have got texts from her telling me how much she loves choir! She says everyone one in the choir WANTS to be there and that makes it fun.
Ellie hasn't adapted amazingly well yet, although I think she's had some good opportunities to look beyond herself and her friend group. She has taught an elderly lady in our ward Uke lessons, and they have a cute relationship. She has also, (on her own) decided to help with the handicapped kids in her school as one of her electives. She comes home and talks more about that class than any other she has. She has lots of friends, although she still remains loyal and true to her friends in South Jordan. She also, with Mike auditioned for St George musical theatre Broadway review. The director fell in love with Ellie right off and gave her a part...(we don't know what yet), but that made Ellie feel really good! Hopefully this will be a way to feel more part of our community.
Jack is so energetic, smart, creative, willful and HARD! I will admit he is has been a hard child lately! He's pretty stubborn and VERY in tune with what he wants and doesn't want. No "layed back" behavior from this boy. I do see many of his traits that will help him in life, but Mike and I are sometimes at a loss as how to handle him. He is also very funny. He has started to develop a hilarious sense of humor that I love. He says funny things, like,.."Mom, doesn't my hair look flawless?" He's also sensitive and has a hard time when Mike and I want to go out of town and leave him with his cousins. He like me to be home with him. He's getting better at reading and math and even says good things about school from time to time!
I have been made the Relief Society president of our ward. I feel like a child trying to do a grown up responsibility! I have amazing counselors though. Each of them are EXACTLY what I wish I were. I am trying to have Faith that Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when he called me. I know I have an opportunity to grow, but I also know I will make many mistakes. I do feel a deep love for the sisters of my ward. There are so many wonderful people around us. I also was obsessed with making Angels for Christmas. It started as a small craft idea, then I ended up making around 160 in all! (I sold them...I don't have 160 fairy dolls at my house:)
Mike, along with the rest of our family is obsessed with the new movie, The Greatest Showman. After seeing it for the 4th time...(yes 4th..in the theatre) he came home and arranged one of the songs from it and he and Ellie recored it. It sounds great! They are now in the process of planning a music video to go along with it. I love that my family does this sort of thing! It makes life really fun.
So here we are living in St George, and it's maybe, sorta, kinda, a little bit starting to feel like we made the right choice to come down here.
Casie is doing sooooo great on her mission. She seems so happy and is having so much success. She amazes me with her ability to speak the language. We spoke with her on Christmas and it was the highlight of the season. It's such a blessing to have a missionary in our family. She makes us all want to do better and be better.
Annie auditioned for her Tuachan Highschool madrigal choir. Up to this point she has shown little or no enthusiasm for going to school there. But the last two days I have got texts from her telling me how much she loves choir! She says everyone one in the choir WANTS to be there and that makes it fun.
Ellie hasn't adapted amazingly well yet, although I think she's had some good opportunities to look beyond herself and her friend group. She has taught an elderly lady in our ward Uke lessons, and they have a cute relationship. She has also, (on her own) decided to help with the handicapped kids in her school as one of her electives. She comes home and talks more about that class than any other she has. She has lots of friends, although she still remains loyal and true to her friends in South Jordan. She also, with Mike auditioned for St George musical theatre Broadway review. The director fell in love with Ellie right off and gave her a part...(we don't know what yet), but that made Ellie feel really good! Hopefully this will be a way to feel more part of our community.
Jack is so energetic, smart, creative, willful and HARD! I will admit he is has been a hard child lately! He's pretty stubborn and VERY in tune with what he wants and doesn't want. No "layed back" behavior from this boy. I do see many of his traits that will help him in life, but Mike and I are sometimes at a loss as how to handle him. He is also very funny. He has started to develop a hilarious sense of humor that I love. He says funny things, like,.."Mom, doesn't my hair look flawless?" He's also sensitive and has a hard time when Mike and I want to go out of town and leave him with his cousins. He like me to be home with him. He's getting better at reading and math and even says good things about school from time to time!
I have been made the Relief Society president of our ward. I feel like a child trying to do a grown up responsibility! I have amazing counselors though. Each of them are EXACTLY what I wish I were. I am trying to have Faith that Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when he called me. I know I have an opportunity to grow, but I also know I will make many mistakes. I do feel a deep love for the sisters of my ward. There are so many wonderful people around us. I also was obsessed with making Angels for Christmas. It started as a small craft idea, then I ended up making around 160 in all! (I sold them...I don't have 160 fairy dolls at my house:)
Mike, along with the rest of our family is obsessed with the new movie, The Greatest Showman. After seeing it for the 4th time...(yes 4th..in the theatre) he came home and arranged one of the songs from it and he and Ellie recored it. It sounds great! They are now in the process of planning a music video to go along with it. I love that my family does this sort of thing! It makes life really fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment