Although this happened back in Feb, it still calls for all CAPS and three exclamation points....CASIE IS GOING ON A MISSION!!! All throughout her senior year of high school I kept hinting (ok, it was more like commanding/begging) to her that I thought she should serve a mission. Maybe it's just a teenage thing, or maybe she really didn't want to go, but she resisted. She kept saying, "I really don't feel like I want to go." I had accepted that and was excited to see what her future would hold. Shortly after graduating she decided to get her patriarchal blessing. The patriarch said some very specific things about her serving a mission. I was a bit nervous and told her that just because he said that didn't mean she HAD to go and that it could mean later in life. But she told me that she had already decided to serve a mission but just hadn't told me yet! The next few months she moved to Cedar City to work for Amy and Dusty at their newly acquired business Great Harvest Bread CO. Working with Dusty, (who was her Stake President in the singles ward) she put together her mission papers and was called to the Brazil Maceio mission!! She leaves July 18. Awesomely, that is the same mission that Mindy and Kyle served in 20 years ago! And awesomely, they live just down the street from us! And awesomely, Casie is moving home in May to live with us until she leaves. I know the Lord has called her to the place she needs to be. I know she will be a force for good in bringing souls to the Gospel. I can't wait to see her grow and learn. We are so proud of her!!! She is so amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment