This week has been tough!!! I got this email from Casie's Mission President's wife.
Dear Jill,
I just wanted to update you on your missionary and her health this week. I am not sure of how much you know but she has been having a lot of pain in her stomach and so she went to the doctor yesterday to see what they could tell her. As it turned out, the doctor she was scheduled to see had cancelled all of his appointments but did not let them know. They gave her some kind of medication and she returned back home. This morning her companion called me and told me that the pain got worse this morning and so they were going to the hospital. I do not know all of the details but they admitted her and they ran some tests and I think she said they did a CatScan. When they got the results back, they said everything they were worried about or thought it might be turned out normal and so we were happy that surgery was not needed. They gave her a IV with pain medicine and sent her home with medicine from the hospital. She has a follow up appointment with a stomach specialist and so hopefully they can figure out why there is so much pain. She seemed to be in good spirits when I spoke with her today and so hopefully she will feel better with the medication. I am sure you will hear from her but I thought I would give you what little information that I have.
We are grateful for your daughter and hope to get her on the mend soon. I will keep a close eye on things and let you know if anything changes. If you have any questions, please let me know. Do you have an iPhone? If you do and want to give me your number, I can text you and keep you updated or even FaceTime with you if needed.
Love,
Sister Taylor
I haven't been able to talk with Casie about it, but will tomorrow on Pday. All I have had is nightmares about her. It's been so wonderful to have Casie serve a mission. She has been so happy and having amazing success. It's hard to be so far away while she is having these problems. I want so much to be there and comfort her and help her. I have been fasting today that she will have comfort and peace and that the doctors can find out why she is having so much pain. I've never had such an easy time fasting. I REALLY want my fast to help her. I have been praying for faith and peace, but I have had a lot anxiety about this.
I need to remember that she is the Lord's servant and he will care for her.
Dear Jill,
I just wanted to update you on your missionary and her health this week. I am not sure of how much you know but she has been having a lot of pain in her stomach and so she went to the doctor yesterday to see what they could tell her. As it turned out, the doctor she was scheduled to see had cancelled all of his appointments but did not let them know. They gave her some kind of medication and she returned back home. This morning her companion called me and told me that the pain got worse this morning and so they were going to the hospital. I do not know all of the details but they admitted her and they ran some tests and I think she said they did a CatScan. When they got the results back, they said everything they were worried about or thought it might be turned out normal and so we were happy that surgery was not needed. They gave her a IV with pain medicine and sent her home with medicine from the hospital. She has a follow up appointment with a stomach specialist and so hopefully they can figure out why there is so much pain. She seemed to be in good spirits when I spoke with her today and so hopefully she will feel better with the medication. I am sure you will hear from her but I thought I would give you what little information that I have.
We are grateful for your daughter and hope to get her on the mend soon. I will keep a close eye on things and let you know if anything changes. If you have any questions, please let me know. Do you have an iPhone? If you do and want to give me your number, I can text you and keep you updated or even FaceTime with you if needed.
Love,
Sister Taylor
I haven't been able to talk with Casie about it, but will tomorrow on Pday. All I have had is nightmares about her. It's been so wonderful to have Casie serve a mission. She has been so happy and having amazing success. It's hard to be so far away while she is having these problems. I want so much to be there and comfort her and help her. I have been fasting today that she will have comfort and peace and that the doctors can find out why she is having so much pain. I've never had such an easy time fasting. I REALLY want my fast to help her. I have been praying for faith and peace, but I have had a lot anxiety about this.
I need to remember that she is the Lord's servant and he will care for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment