Mike and Jack participated in their first Pinewood Durby!! Now, let's just say, Bearden's are really great at singing and dancing and being charming, but car builders we are not. They spent a lot of time on the car, but it wasn't very fast. Jack was shocked to see that he wasn't called up as the third place overall because he said, " Hey, I took third place in every race I did! I should be third place!" There were only three cars that raced each time and about 20 boys competing. haha. He did get best paint job though! He was happy and didn't realize that he was the slowest car there. Maybe I will tell him when he's older. He looked adorable in his little scout shirt though, and he had tons of fun. As I sat there and decided to google "How to make a winning Derby car" to get ready for next year, I had a thought come to me. Jack has a lot going for him. He's smart, funny, adorable, and talented. I think he will win at a lot of things in life. He has parents who love him and are happily married. He has a fun extended family that love him and do lots of fun things with him. I think it's ok to not win ALL the time. Maybe we will try some techniques next year that might make his car a little faster, but in this case, I think it's ok that other children win too! One of the boys that won has a Dad that isn't in the picture. He was helped by our former Bishop. They were so proud and had such big smiles at the end of the night. Another boy is handicap and took second place. His smile and the smile of the crowds were priceless. Jack was proud of his car, and we were proud of Jack.
No comments:
Post a Comment