Since I have missed the ins and outs of the Bearden's life lately, today I am going into my picture folder and will choose a random picture. I will then describe, with the utmost detail, and to the best of my ability what was happening in my life at that time.....
Here goes.....
Ok, I had Mike say a number and he chose #22. This is the 22nd picture in the folder I was looking at.
Here goes.....
This year in Annie's theatre class they put on the show, "How the Grinch stole Christmas". Annie was cast as a narrator and had a singing solo. As is Annie's way, she told me that she needed a red and green costume the DAY BEFORE this play opened. (They performed for the elementary) Luckily I had just bought this green cardigan, (I hadn't even worn it yet, but such is a mothers sacrifice) She had had some red leggings that worked perfectly, but she needed a red skirt. We own no red skirts. So what's a girl to do? We ended up cutting up on of Mike's red t-shirts and I sewed....(let me say that again...I...SEWED) it into a little skirt. She was super happy with it and I felt like Lady Macgyver.
The play was really quite adorable. Annie stood out as the BEST and CUTEST Who in Whoville.
She actually quite amazes me with her talent. Her Theatre teacher even told me how impressed shei s with Annie. She has the most beautiful singing voice, and she is such a great little actress. I don't know that she has a passion for the threatre, but she has so much talent for it. Annie doesn't naturally love performing. She would much rather stay in her room and draw or listen to Japanese music...(like she REALLY likes Japanese music), but without fail, she ends up loving the things I force strongly encourage her to do. :) Annie's perfectionism (is that a word) is the only thing I fear that is holding her back. She doesn't enjoy something fully unless she feels that it's done perfectly. (I actually believe that she inherited that from her crazy talented and Mr perfectionist Father....I mean that in a loving way) I feel prompted to help Annie get out of her room and into activities that will help her develop her amazing talents. I see so much growth in her as she tries new things. She has such a tender heart and a curious mind. I just love her so much!
Here are a few more Lame photos of the show.
PS. My new philosophy when it comes to going to my children's performing events is to snap a few pictures to remember the event, then sit back and enjoy it!
PPS This philosophy was developed when I attended a cute Thanksgiving program Jack performed in his Kindergarten class. I chose not to film with my phone but literally EVERY parent there was watching their adorable child through a screen. I even had one parent hovering directly over my head with her phone trying to get a good view. It was very eyeopening for me! I was happy to see Jack and soak in his cuteness device free. :-) Ok, rant over.....
No comments:
Post a Comment