Tonight for FHE I decided to have our family take the Five Love Languages test. Basically you answer a series of questions, then at the end the test tells you how you most feel loved by those around you. It was super interesting to see the results in our family. Here they are:
Mike feels most loved through acts of service
Jill feels most loved through physical touch
Casie feels the most loved through gift giving
Annie feels the most loved through words of affirmation
Ellie feels the most loved through quality time.
Jack is a bit too young to take the test, but after asking him a few questions it seemed like Quality time was at the top of his list.
There were other languages that ranked high in all of our tests, but these were the highest. We put the results on individual posters then wrote down specific ways we could show love to that family member. Then we hung the posters in the hall to remind us. So, ya...pretty sure we will be the most loving family in the world now. I expect perfection from here on out. We also talked about how detrimental it is to someone when you go against their love language. For instance it would really hurt Ellie to be ignored. And we joked that you can hit Annie, but don't yell at her because her love language is words of affirmation. Mike and I found out that neither of us really get a lot out of getting gifts when it comes to feeling loved.
Prior to our awesome family night I made some peanut butter rice crispy treats that I thought would end our night with a sweet bit of joy. Nope. They were hard as a rock. I usually don't fail quite so hard when it comes to cooking, but something went horribly wrong. My guess is that I boiled the sugar too long. Oopsies. :-)
Mike feels most loved through acts of service
Jill feels most loved through physical touch
Casie feels the most loved through gift giving
Annie feels the most loved through words of affirmation
Ellie feels the most loved through quality time.
Jack is a bit too young to take the test, but after asking him a few questions it seemed like Quality time was at the top of his list.
There were other languages that ranked high in all of our tests, but these were the highest. We put the results on individual posters then wrote down specific ways we could show love to that family member. Then we hung the posters in the hall to remind us. So, ya...pretty sure we will be the most loving family in the world now. I expect perfection from here on out. We also talked about how detrimental it is to someone when you go against their love language. For instance it would really hurt Ellie to be ignored. And we joked that you can hit Annie, but don't yell at her because her love language is words of affirmation. Mike and I found out that neither of us really get a lot out of getting gifts when it comes to feeling loved.
Prior to our awesome family night I made some peanut butter rice crispy treats that I thought would end our night with a sweet bit of joy. Nope. They were hard as a rock. I usually don't fail quite so hard when it comes to cooking, but something went horribly wrong. My guess is that I boiled the sugar too long. Oopsies. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment